SportsWrath

Everyone is saying this not Tom's Fault

Scipio

Blows the other team away, Fox confused us last year, when did TC and Company, figure a way to beat someone real bad? How about givivg us an easy one for once? And here we go with another Backup QB are we going to make him look like Joe Montana too? :o Come on and give us just one game that means something and stick it to them for once???? :clap:

Coughlin is in need of retirement. Remember when he was still coaching the Jags? All everyone kept talking about was the question of whether or not he was too old to coach anymore. I think we know the answer now. Hard ass coaches like Tom only get respect from the players when they're winning. When they get on a losing skid like this one, they've lost the team, and there ain't no getting it back.

TC has made mistakes, especially when he took Jacobs out down at the 5 yardline. The players were still put in position to win. It's not TC's fault that Kiwanuka INTs and then fumbles the ball away. It's not TC's fault that Gibril lets that sure 6 point INT sail right threw his hands. When are these players gonna take accountability for all their fuck ups over the years. If TC can't discipline this group, then no one can. I'm sure the owners know this.

TC has made mistakes, especially when he took Jacobs out down at the 5 yardline. The players were still put in position to win. It's not TC's fault that Kiwanuka INTs and then fumbles the ball away. It's not TC's fault that Gibril lets that sure 6 point INT sail right threw his hands. When are these players gonna take accountability for all their fuck ups over the years. If TC can't discipline this group, then no one can. I'm sure the owners know this.

It IS TC's fault!!!!!

TC is supposed to get the Defennsive and Offensive coaches to prepare this Giants team! Tommy C does not seem like a guy that works his players on techniques. With the exception of Tiki (fumblng adjustment), TC hasn't corrected Eli's mechanics, hasn't corrected the DBs missing sure INTs, and hasn't corrected the false start drive killers. How the fuck do u get a false start at home???

Anyway, I blame all of this on TC. He makes no adjustments in the game, it seems like his core offense doesn't practice together AND it definitely seems like the team does NOT respond to him at all. We all heard of the term "Coach Killer" but TC is a "Player Killer". (It's the main reason I think your greatest RB in Giant history is retiring...see TC).

It IS TC's fault!!!!!

TC is supposed to get the Defennsive and Offensive coaches to prepare this Giants team! Tommy C does not seem like a guy that works his players on techniques. With the exception of Tiki (fumblng adjustment), TC hasn't corrected Eli's mechanics, hasn't corrected the DBs missing sure INTs, and hasn't corrected the false start drive killers. How the fuck do u get a false start at home???

Anyway, I blame all of this on TC. He makes no adjustments in the game, it seems like his core offense doesn't practice together AND it definitely seems like the team does NOT respond to him at all. We all heard of the term "Coach Killer" but TC is a "Player Killer". (It's the main reason I think your greatest RB in Giant history is retiring...see TC).

TC has his fair share of screw ups. He screwed up the Chicago game with his FG attempt and the Titans game with no FG attempt. TC put these players in position to win the Dallas game though. Gibril as a professional athlete should know how to catch an INT that went through his hands. Kiwi should know how to hold on to a football when there is no contact made, that's not on TC.

Eli's mechanics are on Eli and it comes from fear of getting hit. He throws off his back foot when there is pressure in his face. His mechanics should get better when he gets more comfortable in the pocket. Notice how after Luke went down is when Eli really started to struggle. No one can correct that except Eli himself, it's mental.

TC has his fair share of screw ups. He screwed up the Chicago game with his FG attempt and the Titans game with no FG attempt. TC put these players in position to win the Dallas game though. Gibril as a professional athlete should know how to catch an INT that went through his hands. Kiwi should know how to hold on to a football when there is no contact made, that's not on TC.

Eli's mechanics are on Eli and it comes from fear of getting hit. He throws off his back foot when there is pressure in his face. His mechanics should get better when he gets more comfortable in the pocket. Notice how after Luke went down is when Eli really started to struggle. No one can correct that except Eli himself, it's mental.

I disagree. TC and company should PUT together a PLAN (a la vs. Dallas) to take advantage of Eli's skills....which is a short passing attack, quicker paced game and better weekday preperation. The COACH is fully responsible during the week to CORRECT mistakes made by his team....PERIOD! If Gibril cannot show that he can catch balls that are right in his hand...maybe TC needs to instill a drill during practice to better shore up the dropsies. Kevin G should be working with Eli to minimize mistakes. So the QUESTION IS: Does TC 'have' this team or are the players not responding??? And IF the players aren't responding it's the leaders fault. Why is it that Parcells coaching style is getting results? Parcells has coached 4 teams to success in different eras. He's won with Testerverde, Bledsoe, Simms and now Romo. I am sure Parcells was smart enough to adjust to each QB's style and act accordinly to win!!!! But your boy TC is to blame because TC is Bull Headed.

Again it seems like TC is NOT even adjusting to the games being played. And I am starting to belive that these Giants aren't even practicing together. None of the secondary is on the same page and Plax and Eli aren't either! ALL TC's fault!!!!

I disagree. TC and company should PUT together a PLAN (a la vs. Dallas) to take advantage of Eli's skills....which is a short passing attack, quicker paced game and better weekday preperation. The COACH is fully responsible during the week to CORRECT mistakes made by his team....PERIOD! If Gibril cannot show that he can catch balls that are right in his hand...maybe TC needs to instill a drill during practice to better shore up the dropsies. Kevin G should be working with Eli to minimize mistakes. So the QUESTION IS: Does TC 'have' this team or are the players not responding??? And IF the players aren't responding it's the leaders fault. Why is it that Parcells coaching style is getting results? Parcells has coached 4 teams to success in different eras. He's won with Testerverde, Bledsoe, Simms and now Romo. I am sure Parcells was smart enough to adjust to each QB's style and act accordinly to win!!!! But your boy TC is to blame because TC is Bull Headed.

Again it seems like TC is NOT even adjusting to the games being played. And I am starting to belive that these Giants aren't even practicing together. None of the secondary is on the same page and Plax and Eli aren't either! ALL TC's fault!!!!

I agree...it does not seem as if the different units even do a "walk through" of their game plan, much less practice together during the season. The only time there is any significant practice time of whole units is during training camp and pre-season. Another mark of poor coaching is that every year in Giants camp or during pre-season practice one or more of the offensive players get dinged or hurt because of some overzealous scrub trying to make the team. Yet another sign of poor oversight and control. I agree with Eli the Winner in that I think Opie Cookie Puss will be a winning top level QB...but I do not think he will ever live up to his full potential under this particular coaching staff. As for the defense Clue Less Lewis only consistently rushes during the 1 quarter and maybe half of the second quarter because he is using his LB's in coverage to cover up the holes in the secondary. It is pathetic when your LB's can cover the TE better than your safeties. Where I differ with him is that I would continue to rush the passer in that you have the greater potential for creating positive big plays (sacks, fumbles, penalties...the occasional interception) as balanced against the occasional negative big play of a long pass reception against you. Basically what I would do is implement a modified 46 style defense and consistently keep 7-8 men in the box and keep the pressure on the QB. Dropping back into coverage with these stone handed gimps is only asking for trouble. Go down swinging as opposed to counter punching.

I'm not sticking up for TC, I know he's made his fair share of mistakes. I don't believe that bringing in a new coach with these same players will solve our problems though. Should this team fall apart in these last few weeks, they'll need almost a complete rebuild with a new coach.

The Saints needed a complete rebuild with a new coach...oh by the way they are one ass kicking away from being #2 first round bye.

We have the talent. We just don't have the coaching staff that is creative enough to use it. Coughlin and Huf I don't even know what dark age they came out of because they both seem obsessed with a pass-first offense when you have a MVP RB and a bruiser and a half of a backup.

I love how TC cremes his pants talking about Giant pride, yet he has no clue what Giant pride is. It is a tough defense combined with a bruising running game that wears down an opposing defense.

Right now our opponents know this. "They will blitz in the first half, and in the second we can get our points."

This teams coaching staff is pathetic. The thing that pisses me off is EVERYONE in the entire world can see it yet the dumbasses standing on the sideline can't.

The Saints needed a complete rebuild with a new coach...oh by the way they are one ass kicking away from being #2 first round bye.

We have the talent. We just don't have the coaching staff that is creative enough to use it. Coughlin and Huf I don't even know what dark age they came out of because they both seem obsessed with a pass-first offense when you have a MVP RB and a bruiser and a half of a backup.

I love how TC cremes his pants talking about Giant pride, yet he has no clue what Giant pride is. It is a tough defense combined with a bruising running game that wears down an opposing defense.

Right now our opponents know this. "They will blitz in the first half, and in the second we can get our points."

This teams coaching staff is pathetic. The thing that pisses me off is EVERYONE in the entire world can see it yet the dumbasses standing on the sideline can't.

I agree with many of your assessments. I think we should run the ball more and I thought it was a huge mistake when they took out Jacobs down at the 4 or 5 yardline. I'm not sold on us having a dominating running game because of our o-line. For the last few years, I've seen Tiki juking the defense for his yards. Look at the Tennessee game, we needed to run out the clock and Tiki couldn't do it. There was penetration on every one of our running plays. You could blame the coaches on that because Jacobs would have been better suited for that though.

I think we should be running the ball more but I don't think that we can tell our opponents and dare them to stop it. I don't think our o-line is as good as the one we had back in the early 90s. I don't see a problem with trying it to see what happens though. I think Jacobs could be the x-factor and make it work. Just my 2 cents.

What I blame TC for is not taking a lazy turd like Burress and sitting his ass down for a quarter due to lak of effort and laziness. WHat I blame TC for is not standing up and declaring that the next fucking moron on this team that commits a 15 yard penalty due to lack of concentration and discipline will be sat on the bench to ponder their stupidity, that goes for EVERY player TIKI included. What I blame TC for is not telling these bigmouths(who were all big mouths long before he got here)is that the next time they say something crtitical to the press about ANYONE other than themselves they risk penalty and possible expulsion from the team. I am so tired of the Giants bullshit. This team is talented enough and good enough to overcome any "perieved" coaching deficiencies. Enough is fucking enough!

What I blame TC for is not taking a lazy turd like Burress and sitting his ass down for a quarter due to lak of effort and laziness. WHat I blame TC for is not standing up and declaring that the next fucking moron on this team that commits a 15 yard penalty due to lack of concentration and discipline will be sat on the bench to ponder their stupidity, that goes for EVERY player TIKI included. What I blame TC for is not telling these bigmouths(who were all big mouths long before he got here)is that the next time they say something crtitical to the press about ANYONE other than themselves they risk penalty and possible expulsion from the team. I am so tired of the Giants bullshit. This team is talented enough and good enough to overcome any "perieved" coaching deficiencies. Enough is fucking enough!

:clap::clap:

"This coach is too easy."

"This coach it too harsh."

"This coach is just right."

Give me a break. TC definitely has shortcomings, but that doesn't cover the fact that under two coaches, with two different styles, these players are pulling the same crap. Whether it's Strahan and Tiki's inability to step away from a microphone, to Shockey bitching and whining about having to block as a TE for 2 seasons, to Walker being the designated penalty, to Pettigout's false starts and "If you don't like it, replace me" attitude; this didn't change. I don't know if it's because they're stupid, stubborn, or if TC decided to treat them like grown-ups.

Since this is happening under two different coaches, that tells me that it's the players: the same way that the player upheaval and secondary coaching change tells me that the problem in the secondary has to do with Tim Lewis' schemes: if you have different talent, and the exact same problems are appearing, then it's not a personnel problem.

At least Pettigout got his act together this season before he got injured. But Plax replaced him, so it's a wash.

It must drive guys like Diehl, O'Hara, Seubert, Short, and Pierce nuts to deal with these clowns, considering how hard they had to bust their asses just to play.

Do you know why Tiki is going to retire without a ring (yeah, that's right, I said it)? Because despite all the talent, all the ability, he's part of the problem when it comes to this group of players becoming a team. And he pulled the same shit under Fassel with that little war he had with Strahan.

Even their "team meeting" was so dysfunctional that they might as well have just created a thread on here for all the "privacy" they maintained. :doh:

:clap::clap:

"This coach is too easy."

"This coach it too harsh."

"This coach is just right."

Give me a break. TC definitely has shortcomings, but that doesn't cover the fact that under two coaches, with two different styles, these players are pulling the same crap. Whether it's Strahan and Tiki's inability to step away from a microphone, to Shockey bitching and whining about having to block as a TE for 2 seasons, to Walker being the designated penalty, to Pettigout's false starts and "If you don't like it, replace me" attitude; this didn't change. I don't know if it's because they're stupid, stubborn, or if TC decided to treat them like grown-ups.

Since this is happening under two different coaches, that tells me that it's the players: the same way that the player upheaval and secondary coaching change tells me that the problem in the secondary has to do with Tim Lewis' schemes: if you have different talent, and the exact same problems are appearing, then it's not a personnel problem.

At least Pettigout got his act together this season before he got injured. But Plax replaced him, so it's a wash.

It must drive guys like Diehl, O'Hara, Seubert, Short, and Pierce nuts to deal with these clowns, considering how hard they had to bust their asses just to play.

Do you know why Tiki is going to retire without a ring (yeah, that's right, I said it)? Because despite all the talent, all the ability, he's part of the problem when it comes to this group of players becoming a team. And he pulled the same shit under Fassel with that little war he had with Strahan.

Even their "team meeting" was so dysfunctional that they might as well have just created a thread on here for all the "privacy" they maintained. :doh:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree...it does not seem as if the different units even do a "walk through" of their game plan, much less practice together during the season. The only time there is any significant practice time of whole units is during training camp and pre-season. Another mark of poor coaching is that every year in Giants camp or during pre-season practice one or more of the offensive players get dinged or hurt because of some overzealous scrub trying to make the team. Yet another sign of poor oversight and control. I agree with Eli the Winner in that I think Opie Cookie Puss will be a winning top level QB...but I do not think he will ever live up to his full potential under this particular coaching staff. As for the defense Clue Less Lewis only consistently rushes during the 1 quarter and maybe half of the second quarter because he is using his LB's in coverage to cover up the holes in the secondary. It is pathetic when your LB's can cover the TE better than your safeties. Where I differ with him is that I would continue to rush the passer in that you have the greater potential for creating positive big plays (sacks, fumbles, penalties...the occasional interception) as balanced against the occasional negative big play of a long pass reception against you. Basically what I would do is implement a modified 46 style defense and consistently keep 7-8 men in the box and keep the pressure on the QB. Dropping back into coverage with these stone handed gimps is only asking for trouble. Go down swinging as opposed to counter punching.

It's a pleasure to find somebody who isn't either a homer or in need of glasses. Great posts! Both of these posts sum up many of the real issues that are and will continue to keep the Giants from reaching their true potential, if they are not changed. Although some of our players have certain behaviors that need attention, that is one of the reasons why coaches are paid: to help teach players how to become better football players, among other things.

Every time I see either Pierce or Emmons 30 yards downfield in coverage I shake my head. That's one reason why I agree with your putting pressure on the QB at all costs instead ofplaying this psuedo-safe sort of prevention type of pass protection. Pierce and Short do more damage blitzing than they'll ever do in coverage! They have to change that if they want to go anywhere in the play offs. I too, agree, that Eli will not reach his potential because he needs coaches who see the real deal and can then fix it. I don't even hear any of the analysts talking about this need for Eli. Maybe that would be considered against the rules in their business: like a doctor ratting out another doctor. I don't know.

Lubeck, unfortunately, you're right about our coaching staff. What is it that they say?: We're always the last one to know the truth. Maybe, starting tomorrow, if you believe in divine intervention, the entire coaching staff will wake up and have the ability to see the truth, something akin to the movie with Jim Carrey where he could only tell the truth- no lies.

I guess the positive spin is that at least we have talent and that's an excellent start. Go Giants beat the Eagles.

It's a pleasure to find somebody who isn't either a homer or in need of glasses. Great posts! Both of these posts sum up many of the real issues that are and will continue to keep the Giants from reaching their true potential, if they are not changed. Although some of our players have certain behaviors that need attention, that is one of the reasons why coaches are paid: to help teach players how to become better football players, among other things.

Every time I see either Pierce or Emmons 30 yards downfield in coverage I shake my head. That's one reason why I agree with your putting pressure on the QB at all costs instead ofplaying this psuedo-safe sort of prevention type of pass protection. Pierce and Short do more damage blitzing than they'll ever do in coverage! They have to change that if they want to go anywhere in the play offs. I too, agree, that Eli will not reach his potential because he needs coaches who see the real deal and can then fix it. I don't even hear any of the analysts talking about this need for Eli. Maybe that would be considered against the rules in their business: like a doctor ratting out another doctor. I don't know.

Lubeck, unfortunately, you're right about our coaching staff. What is it that they say?: We're always the last one to know the truth. Maybe, starting tomorrow, if you believe in divine intervention, the entire coaching staff will wake up and have the ability to see the truth, something akin to the movie with Jim Carrey where he could only tell the truth- no lies.

I guess the positive spin is that at least we have talent and that's an excellent start. Go Giants beat the Eagles.

Thanks man for your comments...another reason why the LB's are dropping back into coverage is that the FS and SS are liabilities in that they do not help out the CB's effectively too often getting sucked in by play action and/or their own stupidity and the fact that the SS (usually Demps) can not guard the TE. That is another reason why you see Pierce chasing after Whitten in that game against the Broke Backs. This coaching staffs misuse of the potential of this team in my opinion borders on the criminal.

It's pretty easy sitting back hear typing about Giants pride, run the ball with good defense. We don't have a good defense. They have rarely made any kind of defensive stops when it mattered the most, for the better part of 10 years. Should we run the ball and kick FGs and then have our defense give up the win on the last drive? Our all pro running back had six opportunities to get a first down to end the Titans game, to no avail. I'm not blaming Tiki, did anyone else notice the Titan's D-line penetration? Did anyone notice the Panthers D-line penetration that stopped Jacobs in his tracks last week?

What will it take for Giants fans to realize that we don't have an o-line built for the power running game yet? We are not going to be able to dictate the running game. Tiki became great from his elusiveness by making the first defender miss in the backfield and the threat of a passing game. It's no coincidence that Tiki became great after Kerry Collins arm showed up. Sure, they'll be some games that will make you believe that we can run the ball well, but we aren't going to be able to make a living off of it.

The coaches have made many of mistakes, but they can only work with the team they have and it's not the team from the late 80s. Maybe when they get a couple more Chris Snee like o-linemen.