SportsWrath

ahem

Herc

coughlin blows.

51 yard fg attempt at giants stadium down 4?

jacobs not playing between 1st quarter and his td run in the 3rd?

throwing on 1st and 10 when backed into your own endzone? running with barber in that situation?

not getting shockey involved till the 2nd half?

sorry, this is an extremely winnable game, but the talent is closely matched and this kind of game comes down to coaching so we're screwed

i agree with you on all of those points. the FG was a bonehead move but the result was devastatingly stupid.

i couldn't understand why jacobs wasnt in more plays as he usually is.

basically, coughlin is not a patient guy and neither is eli. they both like to go for the big hit.

i agree with you on all of those points. the FG was a bonehead move but the result was devastatingly stupid.

i couldn't understand why jacobs wasnt in more plays as he usually is.

basically, coughlin is not a patient guy and neither is eli. they both like to go for the big hit.

i was mad enough that they even attempted it. i didn't want the bears having that kind of field position cuz there was nobody who thought feely was goign to hit that after missing the 30-something yarder in the first half. the td was just a crappy bonus for an already crappy move.

ronnie brown ran for 120 yards last week. if ronnie brown can do that to the bears defense then so can tiki/jacobs. not enough running at all. it's POURING rain and it's obviously affecting eli's accuracy, so why would we keep throwing the ball? we have a guy that nobody wants to tackle and it's raining, it doesn't take a genius to figure this out. and where are the adjustments? i've never seen a head coach this bad at adjusting to the other team's game plan. and i still can't believe that not only was tiki in the game when we're backed into our own end zone but that we're THROWING THE BALL ON FIRST DOWN in that situation. unreal

The Bears stacked the line at the goal line. No matter who the RB, they were gonna get killed in that situation. We had someone wide open but Eli couldn't deliver it. Eli played like shit.

they stack the line on 3rd downs and 3rd and goal at the 1 as well. that's never been a problem, we're automatic at those situations

i was mad enough that they even attempted it. i didn't want the bears having that kind of field position cuz there was nobody who thought feely was goign to hit that after missing the 30-something yarder in the first half. the td was just a crappy bonus for an already crappy move.

ronnie brown ran for 120 yards last week. if ronnie brown can do that to the bears defense then so can tiki/jacobs. not enough running at all. it's POURING rain and it's obviously affecting eli's accuracy, so why would we keep throwing the ball? we have a guy that nobody wants to tackle and it's raining, it doesn't take a genius to figure this out. and where are the adjustments? i've never seen a head coach this bad at adjusting to the other team's game plan. and i still can't believe that not only was tiki in the game when we're backed into our own end zone but that we're THROWING THE BALL ON FIRST DOWN in that situation. unreal

Amen. rainiy, windy, cold and we threw constantly. Eli was set up to fail, not to mention we lose our LT.

Why Jacobs only got 2 carries in that game will go down as one of the biggest myseries ever.

The Bears stacked the line at the goal line. No matter who the RB, they were gonna get killed in that situation. We had someone wide open but Eli couldn't deliver it. Eli played like shit.

That is when you trott out that 260lb beast of a RB and tell your O-line its time to balls up, put a helmet to a helmet and gets those hard yards. It is called football.

That is when you trott out that 260lb beast of a RB and tell your O-line its time to balls up, put a helmet to a helmet and gets those hard yards. It is called football.

I understand but Tiki almost got nailed for a safety on the play before. I agree Jacobs needed to get many more carries. The coaching staff really fucked this one up. After the Plax fumble where we got the ball back, we ran the ball just like everyone here wanted. It was 3rd and 12 and we handed the ball to Tiki for 2 yards. We played for a fuckin FG and instead of 13-3, it could have been 17-3.

coughlin blows.

51 yard fg attempt at giants stadium down 4?

jacobs not playing between 1st quarter and his td run in the 3rd?

throwing on 1st and 10 when backed into your own endzone? running with barber in that situation?

not getting shockey involved till the 2nd half?

sorry, this is an extremely winnable game, but the talent is closely matched and this kind of game comes down to coaching so we're screwed

Normally, I back up Coughlin.

But this was a horribly managed game. Even with the typical 2:00 to halftime lull (which is turning into a disturbing trend, by the way), we were more than in this thing. Until that field goal "attempt," we had momentum. With Feely being so damn erratic this season, how do you even consider a 52 yarder at that point in the game, in that weather? Hell, even with a long pass and int, you would have probably left them in worse field position, let along given away a touchdown.

And I don't just blame Coughlin for that--Sweatman is supposed to be one of the best coaches in the league for special teams--why were they taken so off-guard?

Tiki hurt his hand, and you still don't bring in Jacobs? Come on...that's just freakin' careless. You don't need to punish Jacobs for a bullshit call--I don't think pretending you're pregnant can reasonably be considered "taunting." That was mild compared to what other players do, and don't get flagged for.

If Whitfield was having trouble on passing downs (and there's no doubt he was), does it take a Nobel-Laureate to figure out that you use Seubert as a TE on that side? I mean, rumor has it that he might be a pretty good blocking TE...

Oh well, on to Jacksonville. Maybe we can borrow the Texans uniforms for that one.

I understand but Tiki almost got nailed for a safety on the play before. I agree Jacobs needed to get many more carries. The coaching staff really fucked this one up. After the Plax fumble where we got the ball back, we ran the ball just like everyone here wanted. It was 3rd and 12 and we handed the ball to Tiki for 2 yards. We played for a fuckin FG and instead of 13-3, it could have been 17-3.

They should not have tried to pass on first down in that situation, that part of the field it is time to man up and run the ball to get a couple of yards breathing room. You should not start first and 10 on the 1 yard line and still be on the 1 yard line on 3rd down

They should not have tried to pass on first down in that situation, that part of the field it is time to man up and run the ball to get a couple of yards breathing room. You should not start first and 10 on the 1 yard line and still be on the 1 yard line on 3rd down

Yes, I agree with running on 1st down there. Not on 2nd down though in that situation, they had stacked the line.

If you're going to pass on first down. Line up Jacobs in the back field, fake the run and have Shockey break off the line for a slant. If you get 5 yards on that pass, then you can run the ball. But a play fake would be unheard of in this offense!

yes tiki almost got a safety which is why jacobs should be in there in that situation. the guy doesn't get tackled for a loss EVER.

exactly. you run run run with your big bruising back. even if you dont get the 1st you're still at least giving the punter his standard room to punt. NO PASSING. we're lucky the plax play didn't turn into 6 for them