SportsWrath

Daisuke Matsuzaka...what are our chances?

Plax 4 Prez

Very unlikely.

I read a rumor that Texas put in the highest bid at 25m.

hmm... do you think this guy is all he's cracked up to be? Shit for the money I'd take Zito, someone who's already proved himself in this league

Very unlikely.

I read a rumor that Texas put in the highest bid at 25m.

Rumors about D-Mat are bullshit. The only people who know what the teams bid are the Lions' Owner and CFO's and the GM's and owners of the MLB teams who bid... and even they only know what THEY bid.

Anyway, our chances: 25%

Hopefully we don't end up with him. I'm not big on these Japanese flops since Matsui.

The Japanese Nolan Ryan, where have we heard that before? :confused:

I will keep the 25 mil, develop my own power arms(Pelfrey, Humber, to a lesser extent Perez) and go from there.

we do need one vet as a starter though... this japanese guy has never hit against major league batters so I would be scared to purchase this guy

we do need one vet as a starter though... this japanese guy has never hit against major league batters so I would be scared to purchase this guy

there is a difference between getting a veteran and paying 25 mil just to negotiate a contract with a guy that has never thrown a pitch in the major leagues.

here is a difference between getting a veteran and paying 25 mil just to negotiate a contract with a guy that has never thrown a pitch in the major leagues. [/quote

You are aware that if the team who gives the highest bid has 30 days to negotiate a contract, if a contact is not completed in the 30 days, they get the 25 million dollars back.

fully aware of how the process works ;) and I also assume that if the Mets bid that high they would not haggle over the details of a contract, thus all my reasons why I do not want this guy.

I do not necessarily want Zito either, unless Glavine leaves. IMO then its replacing one lefty who does not overpower people with another.

I think pitching is so baren right now you kind of have to develop some young guys and hope that some second tier free agents (the #3's of the world) elevate themselves some.

I do not want this Japanese guy, if they get him and he does well, then I will be wrong. Our past with these kind of moves is spotty at best and I like the prospect of the young guys we have.

fully aware of how the process works ;) and I also assume that if the Mets bid that high they would not haggle over the details of a contract, thus all my reasons why I do not want this guy.

I do not necessarily want Zito either, unless Glavine leaves. IMO then its replacing one lefty who does not overpower people with another.

I think pitching is so baren right now you kind of have to develop some young guys and hope that some second tier free agents (the #3's of the world) elevate themselves some.

I do not want this Japanese guy, if they get him and he does well, then I will be wrong. Our past with these kind of moves is spotty at best and I like the prospect of the young guys we have.

Glavine just filed for FA... so it's like a 50-50 shot we have at him now.