SportsWrath

Tiki Barber's

Lughead

Can another GREAT Giant player take out Thiesman 20 years later :P

:rock: TIKI for MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL 2007 :rock:

We all hate Joe and love Tiki so if hes going to go why not go to Monday Night Football ?

i actually hope he doesn't. monday night football has gotten ridiculous at this point. i feel like it's the superbowl every week. they have smoke coming off the field. the rodeo cowboy gets to introduce the games and then i have to hear his dumbass song..again, and again....and again. then i'll have to listen to an interview with emmitt smith about dancing with the stars. theismann i don't think is bad at all. sure i hate him from the redskin days, but he is pretty insightful. and on top of that, he really doesn't hate the giants, which he should. tirico's ok. kornheiser? i like, but i feel has no place on mnf. the color man just doesn't work, they should've figured that out by now. sunday night football has had much much better games since nbc took over. now that the mnf rant is over, the point i'm really trying to get to is most of us care about athletes, not the person. sure tiki is a good guy and deserves the best when his playing days are over, but do you really care? i know i don't, as long as he isn't helping this giants team win games. most of us are just upset that he's going out while on top of his game, and he could be helping this giants team be superbowl contenders for the next couple of years. am i mad at him? of course not, but it just sucks that he is leaving a gaping hole, and it sucks that a guy walks away when he is the most important player on his respective team.

theismann i don't think is bad at all. sure i hate him from the redskin days, but he is pretty insightful. and on top of that, he really doesn't hate the giants

how long have you been listening to this Jerkoff commentate? next time notice when some one says something he will repete them and the throw his own spin on it or add a coupel more words just to make it look like he knows what he's doing .

I only layed the Tiki next job question out there to throw a jab at Thiesmann cause we ALL(everyone on this damn board) HATE HIM cause he sucks at comentating and is biased . Probley the only guy on here that would ride his leg is Micmack.

i actually hope he doesn't. monday night football has gotten ridiculous at this point. i feel like it's the superbowl every week. they have smoke coming off the field. the rodeo cowboy gets to introduce the games and then i have to hear his dumbass song..again, and again....and again. then i'll have to listen to an interview with emmitt smith about dancing with the stars. theismann i don't think is bad at all. sure i hate him from the redskin days, but he is pretty insightful. and on top of that, he really doesn't hate the giants, which he should. tirico's ok. kornheiser? i like, but i feel has no place on mnf. the color man just doesn't work, they should've figured that out by now. sunday night football has had much much better games since nbc took over. now that the mnf rant is over, the point i'm really trying to get to is most of us care about athletes, not the person. sure tiki is a good guy and deserves the best when his playing days are over, but do you really care? i know i don't, as long as he isn't helping this giants team win games. most of us are just upset that he's going out while on top of his game, and he could be helping this giants team be superbowl contenders for the next couple of years. am i mad at him? of course not, but it just sucks that he is leaving a gaping hole, and it sucks that a guy walks away when he is the most important player on his respective team.

I think Theisman is ok. I just can stand him when he does Redskins games. Hey joe, there's another team playing beside the Redskins!

he's in for a rude awakening. he's smart, engaging, and personable.......FOR A FOOTBALL PLAYER

if he puts the same determination and preparation into his new job as he does in this one, i have no doubt he'll be successful. if he thinks he's owed it bc of his status, that will be a different story.

personally i think it takes a lot of natural talent to do what he wants to do. the problem with tiki is that everyone raves about his on-camera skills but we're still all thinking of him as a football player.

maddog ripped him good the other day. he said somethign to the effect of "tiki would have you believe if this were 1963 he'd be telling us about JFk and not walter cronkite"

Tiki was on Letterman last night and he came off real good IMO. He's an articulate guy and Midas, i understand what you are saying but right now Jerome Bettis, Stirling Sharpe, Michael Irvin and Shannon Sharpe are all what you'd say football players, and right off the bag, Tiki would be better than all of them.

Oh the other night I saw Sehorn doing a show on Fox Sports Net with Tim Brown and all I can say is that he's as good a tv guy as he was a player. :confused:

Tiki was on Letterman last night and he came off real good IMO. He's an articulate guy and Midas, i understand what you are saying but right now Jerome Bettis, Stirling Sharpe, Michael Irvin and Shannon Sharpe are all what you'd say football players, and right off the bag, Tiki would be better than all of them.

i agree 100%, but he's not interested in doing sports tv

Tiki was on Letterman last night

tiki and his business manager: "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"

i agree 100%, but he's not interested in doing sports tv

tiki and his business manager: "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"

Absolutely, Tiki has a master plan and he's feeding off all the attention no question. Last night, he brought up the retirement first, not Letterman.

Midas, i think if ESPN or any one of the football pre shows came in for Tiki he'd take it. It's too good of a gig and Tiki would help raise the bar on any show right now. Shit, I'd replace Cris Carter on Inside the NFL with Tiki right now.

He and his manager came up with a plan years ago to separate him from football. There's only so many football media jobs out there. Smart guy.

Hey, as much as I hate to see him go, if he actually goes through with this I'd admire his decision. You can see Tiki is taking a pounding out there every time he comes off the field. Plus I think seeing what's happening with Curtis Martin would help accelerate his thought process.

Midas, i think if ESPN or any one of the football pre shows came in for Tiki he'd take it. It's too good of a gig and Tiki would help raise the bar on any show right now. Shit, I'd replace Cris Carter on Inside the NFL with Tiki right now.

Replace Marino first. That guy adds nothing to any program. I think Carter has potential.

i agree, he'd be good on a sports show. but he's said he doesn't want to do sports media, he wants to do news