Marcus Giles

David Delucci

Willy Mo Pena

Julio Lugo

Michael Young?

SORIANO WILL NOT BE A MET NEXT YEAR.

My Projected 25-Man April Roster

Infielders

Carlos Delgado, Julio Lugo, Jose Reyes, David Wright, Chris Woodward, Julio Franco, Paul Lo Duca, Ramon Castro

Outfielders

Carlos Beltran, Lastings Milledge, Endy Chavez, David Dellucci

Starting Pitchers

Barry Zito, Tom Glavine, John Maine, Oliver Perez, Mike Pelfrey

Relievers

Billy Wagner, Aaron Heilman, Duaner Sanchez, Pedro Feliciano, Chad Bradford, G. Mota, (Juan Padilla, Brian Bannister)

DL

Pedro Martinez

Lineup

Jose Reyes

Paul Lo Duca

Carlos Beltran

Carlos Delgado

David Wright

David Delluci/ Julio Lugo

Julio Lugo / Lastings Milledge/ Endy Chavez

Lastings Milledge/ Endy Chavez

Pitcher

It'd sure be great if Young would be willing to go to 2b and come to us. But not gonna happen. He'd have to be a 6th hitter with us. Pipe dream.

I was all for signing Belliard earlier in the year as a thread of mine showed a long time ago, but not anymore. He's not a consistent enough hitter. I'm all for Endy and Lastings starting with Delucci as a backup.

The focus should be on starting pitching. Hopefully Perez will be our 4th starter and Maine will be in there somewhere. The one good thing about Pedro's arm is that it puts more of a sense of urgency to sign a guy like zito.

It'd sure be great if Young would be willing to go to 2b and come to us. But not gonna happen. He'd have to be a 6th hitter with us. Pipe dream.

I was all for signing Belliard earlier in the year as a thread of mine showed a long time ago, but not anymore. He's not a consistent enough hitter. I'm all for Endy and Lastings starting with Delucci as a backup.

The focus should be on starting pitching. Hopefully Perez will be our 4th starter and Maine will be in there somewhere. The one good thing about Pedro's arm is that it puts more of a sense of urgency to sign a guy like zito.

Michael Young, if you can get him, and I doubt that, #2 spot. No question.

You need a better bat behind Wright or else they’ll continue pitching around him.

You need Zito and another young arm to start.

Michael Young, if you can get him, and I doubt that, #2 spot. No question.

You need a better bat behind Wright or else they’ll continue pitching around him.

You need Zito and another young arm to start.

Lo Duca may be the most ideal #2 hitter in the NL, and maybe in baseball. No way we take him out of that spot. If the pipe dream comes true and we sign Young, he'll do what you said in your second sentence, put a legitimate bat behind Wright.

Are you guys talking about M. Young from the Ranger?

not in a Million Years.

Jose Valentin and El Duque are notables who filed for FA we might consider trying to re-sign.

GateB's most wanted off-season pickup Jermaine Dye's option was exercised by the White Sox for 2007.

I can see Omar getting into talks with the Brewers' for their left fielder Bill Hall, since he can also play second base. Some good power numbers with an okay average. Although, I doubt the Brewers would trade him.

ESPN Insider says we could be persuing Mussina.

Yeah, I read the same thing.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad for a one or two year stint to let guys like Humber, Pelfrey, and/or Bannister harness their potential more in Triple AAA.

:LMAO: no kidding, if that happened, Rangers fans accross the US would fly to Texas to lynch John Daniels.

Looks like he might be heading to the Orioles.

VG, do you think Mark DeRosa would play second for the Mets?

Who's going to the O's?

Mark deRosa can play most poitions on the field very well, but supposedly resigning him is a top priority, behind resigning Mathews.

Who's going to the O's?

Mark deRosa can play most poitions on the field very well, but supposedly resigning him is a top priority, behind resigning Mathews.

ESPN rumored there might be a deal with Michael Young for Erik Bedard.

And it looks like Matthews is going to earn big bucks somewhere else. So if you lose him I guess you'll try to keep MDR.

The latest new on DeRosa is that the rangers are working hard to re-sign him and the only team he has met with so far is Pat Gillick of the Phillies. I think he is better in the OF than the IF and is kind of high on the Strikeouts.