SportsWrath

Bad News For 2007....Tiki.

NYSportsInFL

He says he will retire at seasons end. DAMNIT :explode: . Because he wants to "go after off-field interests" or somthing. I like Brandon Jacobs, but w/o Tiki I think he will be not too good at all. Tiki kills him in almost anyway thinkable but as a everydown back I dont think Brandon will do good at all, probably will fail really bad. Please Tiki one more season your our all-time receptions leader and all-time leading rusher :(

oo man. i'm so piss off.. he still have 2 at least good years left.. he can't leave us when our team is surrounding him... our team is as far as he can take us.. i truely think he will stay one more.. but i'm praying he will reconsider.. and the only way for a great player like him to go out is when he lead this team in winning the SB..

I don't think he will retire after this season even if he's saying so now. Besides, I'm not going to worry about '07 when we're in the midst 2006.

yeah but that's the whole point. why bring it up now, while we are in the midst of a run? maybe the team already knew which is fine, but there is no need to address it publicly, because now it's going to be talked about constantly. i hope he doesn't go, we need him and while he is still producing at a high rate nonetheless this would suck. we've seen what happens when this team is forced to rely on eli. we are much better when we rely on tiki. i like jacobs alot, but i do not know if he will be a successful every down back...we will see. very dissapointing indeed.

I won't be sad or mad, hope he's happy with what he does but I do't want to see him retire :(

BTW BADASS sig Nemesis :TU:

Watch the crowd at Giants Stadium chant "1 more year... 1 more year"... and yes he will be back. The guy is stronger than ever.

Yeah, well apparently it's official. Tiki's hanging up the cleats at the end of the season. Thought there was a glimmer of hope until I saw the report last night.

Why the fuck does he have to say this now in the middle of the damn season before an importnt game?...

Why the fuck does he have to say this now in the middle of the damn season before an importnt game?...

It'll probably be better that way. He hinted at it during an interview and was pressed by reporters. The rumors leaked. Now, it's official. It kills all speculation. And when speculation dies, so does the story for the most part. You won't have 80 million reporters bugging all the other players asking about Tiki's retirement - will he or won't he - for the rest of the season.

He wants to pursue other avenues. Enough said. The world need no other details.