SportsWrath

Does Odell Beckham win Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Storm

The guy is a physical specimen. Evans is having a good season yes, but Odell has just blown up the league. This guy could have been Offensive Player of the Year competing with Murray if he had a full season. And if he did - well.....our season might have been different too. Everything changes - our running game could have been diff, playcalling, game plan....everything could have been diff since Cruz was being shut down almost every week due to no names outside of him on the team.

We would have beaten the Cardinals and made the Lions game interesting with ODB in the lineup.

Do people get voted to the pro bowl anymore?

Didn't they do some sort of celebrity draft or some stupid shit last year?

I think to get in you still get voted in...I think the players and maybe the media have a big say but the fan vote still counts big.

i think you get voted in and then they do the dumb draft.

odb already has more catches and yards than evans. at this point in his career watkins is a boom or bust mike wallace on pittsburg type player. if this vote isn't unanimous it's a joke

To me it's between Odell Beckham and Zack Martin, who has made a very strong case himself. Arguably just as dominant a Guard for Dallas as Odell has been for NYG

I don't think an offensive lineman has ever won it, though...I could be wrong...

Richmond Webb won in 1990 for the Dolphins, but yes, it's extremely rare. But also a testament to how good Martin has been. Yeah, I had to look it up.

Think the issue with linemen is two-fold. First, they don't really compile measureable stats. I've heard before about which linemen give up sacks in a specific game, but I don't know that I've ever seen a season total for a given linemen. Same with penalties. You'll hear that so-and-so had 4 holding penalties this week...but you don't see penalties or penalty yardage on a stat line anywhere for a lineman. And secondly, a lineman's job is to ensure that their QB, RB, and WRs make plays...not necessarily to make the plays themselves. They're essential, but the nature of their jobs doesn't earn the spotlight. Because of these, linemen are generally ignored for ROTY type awards.

Martin has been good and Murray's year has been proof. I'd be interested to know how upright Romo has been this year compared to others. But even then, it's tough because you wouldn't know if the pressure was coming from somewhere other than Martin's assignment. Because there is doubt there...I think Beckham wins this award hands down. Among rookie WRs, he's tied for the lead in TDs, has over 1000 yards...all in 4 fewer games than those he's being compared against.