SportsWrath

GIANTS AND LAVAR NOT ON SAME PAGE

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart

So much for tThe Arrington Rumours!

Lavar

GIANTS AND LAVAR NOT ON SAME PAGE

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 6, 2006 -- Given his pedigree, it was not likely linebacker LaVar Arrington would make it into the month of April without hooking on with a new team. But that is the case, a sure sign the player is seeking more money than anyone is willing to spend.

The Giants have real interest in Arrington but have engaged in no real substantive talks with his agents since making an offer three weeks ago.

Arrington and his family paid a visit to the Giants in the second week of March, dined with coach Tom Coughlin, GM Ernie Accorsi and linebacker Antonio Pierce, Arrington's former teammate with the Redskins.

Arrington met the Giant coaching staff but did not take a physical or work out for the team. After the visit, the framework of a contract proposal was presented to Arrington's agents, Carl and Kevin Poston. It was considerably less money than what the Postons were seeking.

Since then, little has changed, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. Reports that a deal with the Giants is close or even imminent are not accurate.

The Giants have not announced they have ceased negotiations or taken their offer off the table - a statement they made last year with Plaxico Burress before he eventually signed - but the difference in the contract offered and sought is so great that there is not much to talk about. The Dolphins, Jaguars and Bengals are also interested, but not at Arrington's price.

The Giants yesterday signed tight end Tony Jackson, a 2005 sixth-round pick of the Seahawks who was out of football last year. Jackson played at Iowa, where he caught 14 passes for 134 yards and two TDs and also played fullback.

paul.schwartz@nypost.com

Just as I said-low ball or hit the road Gimpy!

Het, Lemmewacku - you can this one to the list! HAHAHA!

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Nutty Sack

How about some accolades to the four lads who have been tryng to get this point across in a nice way ever since the original offer was declined ??

Guest Lockhart
How about some accolades to the four lads who have been tryng to get this point across in a nice way ever since the original offer was declined ??

That is why we are in the owner's box - seems our little friends are nowhere to be seen today.

Ok I was wrong, I can admit it. I don't think that you would ever be man enough to admit you were wrong about something...Hence my sig...

There is however still a chance they could sign him...He would help our, as you like to call it, "weak LB core"

I still can't really understand why everyone wants him

big name, incredible athletic ability...things we are missing on defense...still, it must be said that Lavar would be a risky pickup...

Guest Carbo

Kudos to the Fab 4 for another job well done. Take their inside info from this board, and we have just another pre-pubescent kiddies.com message board. No substance, all pimples.

Kudos to the Fab 4 for another job well done. Take their inside info from this board, and we have just another pre-pubescent kiddies.com message board. No substance, all pimples.

It's pathetic when your own reduced congratulating your pathetic loser ass, lockhart/carbo/disaster/TheAnswers/bluefootballs.

Guest Carbo
It's pathetic when your own reduced congratulating your pathetic loser ass, lockhart/carbo/disaster/TheAnswers/bluefootballs.
Huh?? This is why the Immigration Laws must be tougher. . .

Guest Lockhart
Guys, we still are negotiating with him and it appears Lavar is going to have nowhere to turn.

Where all these reports came from that were false is beyond me.

Arrington's entire fiamily lives in Miami - state taxes are cheaper in Florida - this is a no brainer. Arrington used the Giants just as Keyshawn did to get the bidding started and nothing more.

Guest Lockhart
don't be so hard on yourself...

I believe in you lockhart, math seems to be one of your strong points..

Everyone believes in the FAB 4 - that is nothing new.

So much for tThe Arrington Rumours!

Lavar

Just as I said-low ball or hit the road Gimpy!

Het, Lemmewacku - you can this one to the list! HAHAHA!

Well he needs to ask for less money... if he doesn't like anyone's offer then he don't play... he might still come to us when he realizes his true value on the market, especially after the LB's we see in this upcomming draft who might be better and be WAY more affordable...

Guest Lockhart
Well he needs to ask for less money... if he doesn't like anyone's offer then he don't play... he might still come to us when he realizes his true value on the market, especially after the LB's we see in this upcomming draft who might be better and be WAY more affordable...

If it comes to that he goes to Mimai where his family is - he has a home, and would save money. Taking less money and living in a more expensive area in NJ, and having to pay for a second home makes ZERO sense. In the end , he will lower his demands and sign in Miami and they know it.

If it comes to that he goes to Mimai where his family is - he has a home, and would save money. Taking less money and living in a more expensive area in NJ, and having to pay for a second home makes ZERO sense. In the end , he will lower his demands and sign in Miami and they know it.

I agree with you...just let him go to Miami or Jacksonville... with his price tag we could get 2 decent LB's over him...the draft will tell it all for me this year

you know him presonaly...

That is a very bright assumption....i would imagin all pro football players make sound fincancial decisions..