SportsWrath

Andre Williams...

Nas

Many people assumed that the loss of Jennings wouldn't hurt us because of Williams. We are seeing that Jennings is a huge loss. Also, having Jennings healthy means he's on the field on 3rd down instead of Hillis. We need Jennings. And Williams needs to learn to read the linebackers and Safety's and make adjustments.

giving up on 3rd and more than 10 has been our MO for a while. guess that's one thing we should apologize to gilbride for cuz it's apparently a coughlin thing.

and peyton hilis shouldn't even be on the team

Yeah I mentioned this in another thread...

He does ok for a rookie. What concerned me was that it seemed we kept rushing to the inside. So not only was it predictable that we were rushing when he was on the field (since he can't catch), but where he was running was predictable. Even if Williams isn't very good at it (and I'm not saying he is/isn't), we should have run a couple sweeps, just to keep the defense honest.

But Jennings is clearly a better back right now.

Haha not surprised. We're usually on the same page

Yeah Bro... I am still not an acolyte of St. Gilbride... because the Giants won despite him not because of him... but you can definitely see Colonel Coughlin's imprimatuer all over that offensive (in more ways than one... :P ) game plan. Sticking to runs up the gut despite the fact that other things work much better against the Broke Backs... I think Coughlin has reached the Pat Riley Threshold ...you know when a team starts tuning a coach out and the coach starts becoming even more entrenched ... stubborn regarding HIS WAY of doing things. :P Don't get me wrong... I have come to like even appreciate the Colonel... but I think he doesn't always gameplan to his team's strengths...

He does ok for a rookie. What concerned me was that it seemed we kept rushing to the inside. So not only was it predictable that we were rushing when he was on the field (since he can't catch), but where he was running was predictable. Even if Williams isn't very good at it (and I'm not saying he is/isn't), we should have run a couple sweeps, just to keep the defense honest.

But Jennings is clearly a better back right now.

Good points Gut...