SportsWrath

Up Next

Virginia Giant

What's you're thoughts and expectations?

I think Philly is a better team than Seattle. Alexander doesn't seem to be the same back this year, I really think we can stop him. We have got to get a pass rush on Hasslebeck, our pass ruch was disgusting and I hope TC has even Tim Lewis running laps today. Also, we gotta give Eli more time, I'm nopt so worried about Tiki, the Eagls came out to stop him and make Eli beat them, they just got excellent pass rush with 4 lineman.

1: Tiki needs 25 rushes and Jacobs nees 10-15.

2: The Oline has to do better, they were abused yesterday and Seattle does a good job at getting to the QB. Give Eli time and he'll be fine.

3: Shockey needs to get involved, loved seeing Amani and Plax coming up big, but Shockey needs to get the ball if nothing else to get him fired up and get the energy going in the offense.

4: Dline needs to blitz and the lineman need to get to the QB, if we're not gonna blitz LaVar anyway he needs to be on the strong side where his speed can at least be used to cover the TE, Emmons is trash.

5: DBacks have got to catch the INT's, and we need to get away from the soft zone bullshit. Philly was dinking and dunking at will and we simply gave them the middle of the field.

I think Philly is a better team than Seattle. Alexander doesn't seem to be the same back this year, I really think we can stop him. We have got to get a pass rush on Hasslebeck, our pass ruch was disgusting and I hope TC has even Tim Lewis running laps today. Also, we gotta give Eli more time, I'm nopt so worried about Tiki, the Eagls came out to stop him and make Eli beat them, they just got excellent pass rush with 4 lineman.

2: The Oline has to do better, they were abused yesterday and Seattle does a good job at getting to the QB. Give Eli time and he'll be fine.

3: Shockey needs to get involved, loved seeing Amani and Plax coming up big, but Shockey needs to get the ball if nothing else to get him fired up and get the energy going in the offense.

4: Dline needs to blitz and the lineman need to get to the QB, if we're not gonna blitz LaVar anyway he needs to be on the strong side where his speed can at least be used to cover the TE, Emmons is trash.

5: DBacks have got to catch the INT's, and we need to get away from the soft zone bullshit. Philly was dinking and dunking at will and we simply gave them the middle of the field.

Dude, what are you on? I'm still trying to recover from yesterday's game. lol.

First, Philly might be better but I think playing at Seattle is going to be a tougher game. They've won 11 in a row at home and while their 2 wins havent looked great -- they're pretty much the same team that was a few calls away from being SB champs.

1. I dont think we need to put a number on the number of touches each player should get. Id like to see Tiki get almost all of the touches in the first half but in the second half Id like to see them alternate series or Tiki get 2 for every 1 Jacobs gets. Tiki's still our MVP and I dont want to take too many chances away from him but when the defenense is tired in the second half is the time to bring in BJ.

2. Oline definitely has to play better. 8 sacks is absurd. I think we need to work on our schemes a bit but overall i'm not too concerned with this group. They'll figure it out soon enough.

3. Shockey -- As I said in my thread, hes the emotional leader. If hes really hurt he should sit but if not we have to call his number to get him fired up. He will feed off it for the rest of the game and this will open everything else up for the others.

4 and 5 go together -- Our Db's wont have to cover so long if we can get some pressure. Any reciever can get open and any QB can find these guys when given as much time as Mcnabb got. Ryan Leaf would have been able to pick us apart with all that time. Madison and Webster will make start making the catch soon once they get a chance to make plays on the ball and as I said this will come once we get some pressure. Madison almost had a sick pick in the endzone but fell out of bounds.

Ill be at this game and hope to that Giants play better than they did against the eagles. If they dont, they wont win.

Since we're starting the whole "what we need to do to win" discussion a little early this week, I figure 'what the hell'.

#1. Our offensive line has got to improve. 8 sacks is ridiculous and our lack of a running game against the Eagles I attribute directly to the offensive line play as well. They played well week one and played like garbage week 2. We need consistent play from them, if for no other reason than to know what to expect.

#2. Defense has got to get pressure on the QB. I remember seeing McNabb standing back there for long periods of time, which leads me to believe the secondary was doing its job. The secondary should only have to guarantee coverage for 4 or 5 seconds at the most. If we pressure Hasselback, than we should be in good shape. The losses on Seattle's offensive line should be helpful, but not relied upon.

#3. Run defense needs to stay sound. Did well against the Colts and Eagles and it should continue, again due to the losses on Seattle's offensive line.

Let's hope Shockey plays at this point. He had a crazy game against the Hawks last year while he was hurt, let's hope he does it again.

I'd like to see our rushing game get established. And they have a very good pass rush too, so be prepared for that. I wanna take advantage of Peterson who will only be playing his third game with Seattle with some screens and counters to his side. And hopefully Hasselbeck and Branch won't be on the same page and he'll run the wrong route and it'll wind up in Gibril's hands.

#1... Run it down thier throtes with Tiki

#2... Run it down thier throtes with Jacobs

#3... Find Shockey more

#4... Lock Tim Lewis in the bathroom before the game

:LMAO:

#5... Run the no-huddle offense.

#6... Unlease LaVar on a couple of blitzes.

They lost Hutchinson in the off-season. That's a big hole in the line to fill. Plus they are having WR problems, with Deon Branch starting for the first time against us, which hopefully means he will be a little out of synch. We're catching them at a good time.

Hopefully, the defense decides to show up.