SportsWrath

Please explain the logic

jranieli

I have been contemplating this for a few hours now. I can not find a way to justify this trade. We gave up Nady for bullpen help and a struggling pitcher. We lost Sanchez and this move is not an upgrade. Can we depend on Milledge right now? Chavez has done a good job in spot starting for our old fielders but I don't see him as an every day guy. If we were able to trade Perez and Bell for Linebreck, my feelings would have been different on this but that deal fell through so back to pissed mode. I would have been alright if we traded Nady for an upgrade in the pen to fill the spot but I just dont know how this is going to work out.

So they loose an extra outfielder and pick up a 24 year old lefty with some good stuff and a reliever to fill the hole left by a fuckin taxi cab driver.

Not the greatest of trades but I do not think Nady himself is a big loss, Chavez is better fielder with a canon of an arm. Nady is a little better with the bat but I dont think it will be series breaker.....

So they loose an extra outfielder and pick up a 24 year old lefty with some good stuff and a reliever to fill the hole left by a fuckin taxi cab driver.

Not the greatest of trades but I do not think Nady himself is a big loss, Chavez is better fielder with a canon of an arm. Nady is a little better with the bat but I dont think it will be series breaker.....

Your defiantely right... but losing our 5-1 and one reliever that's ERA was probably top 3 on the team, is not gone for a couple games, but possibly the year.... that fucken hurts dude

Had to be done. Hernandez was great for us last year and should be able to fill Sanchez's role. He's not as good as Sanchez, but he's very solid and he had the same role for the Mets last year. Perez is a young, hard throwing lefty. Every team wants one of those. He's struggled, but who knows, maybe he can turn it around. I will miss Nady, but I don't think the Mets lose much if they go with a Chavez/Milledge platoon. All they are really losing is a little power. It's the perfect time to give Milledge extended playing time and see what he can really do. Both are defensive upgrades over Nady. I think it was a good deal considering the situation. Hernandez will not let you down, I promise!!

Had to be done. Hernandez was great for us last year and should be able to fill Sanchez's role. He's not as good as Sanchez, but he's very solid and he had the same role for the Mets last year. Perez is a young, hard throwing lefty. Every team wants one of those. He's struggled, but who knows, maybe he can turn it around. I will miss Nady, but I don't think the Mets lose much if they go with a Chavez/Milledge platoon. All they are really losing is a little power. It's the perfect time to give Milledge extended playing time and see what he can really do. Both are defensive upgrades over Nady. I think it was a good deal considering the situation. Hernandez will not let you down, I promise!!

I agree Hernandez will do a good job filling that spot. Check out the player comparison between Nady and Chavez. There is a drop off in HR and RBI, but I'm not sure they hit in the same spot in the order, so Nady may have had more RBI chances. I think Endy would be a very good every day player. You give up some power for more speed and better defense.

I agree Hernandez will do a good job filling that spot. Check out the player comparison between Nady and Chavez. There is a drop off in HR and RBI, but I'm not sure they hit in the same spot in the order, so Nady may have had more RBI chances. I think Endy would be a very good every day player. You give up some power for more speed and better defense.

Milledge was called up today, and this time it isn't for a cup of coffee. Endy will not be an everyday player but back Milledge up and I say he gets 40% of the playing time in RF now.

When you make a trade for the sake of making a trade, thats when you lose.

It wasn't for the sake of making a trade, we had to fill the setup spot in the bullpen cuz Sanchez is out until Sept. if he doesn't have surgery or the season if he does.

When you make a trade for the sake of making a trade, thats when you lose.

It's not as if we got nothing in return though. So it wasn't totally the fact that we just had to do it, we did get some decent value in return for short-term, and hopefully long term too (with Perez).

What about next year? I feel that they need to sign Cliff Floyd now cause we all saw Milledge play LF this year!

We're not going back to Fenway for another three or four years. That hardly affects our decision with Floyd.