SportsWrath

Giants Sign 4th Round Draft Pick DT Barry Cofield:

jranieli

BBI

Giants Sign 4th Round Draft Pick DT Barry Cofield: According to The Daily News and The Star-Ledger, the Giants have signed 4th round draft pick DT Barry Cofield to a 4-year contract. The Daily News says Cofield received a $405,000 signing bonus. Cofield is apparently the first of the Giants' seven draft picks to sign. Players are scheduled to report to training camp in Albany, New York on Thursday, July 27th.

The Ledger is also reporting that the agents for WLB Gerris Wilkinson (3rd round), LT Guy Whimper (another 4th rounder), and FS/CB Charlie Peprah (5th round) say their clients are close to deals with the Giants.

Hope we can all of our guys at camp when it starts. Hopefully no holdouts.

I have a feeling that Moss could possibly hold out. He was projected as a late 1st rounder and wasnt taken until the middle of the 2nd. I think he might want that first round money.

any one have news on kiwi/moss

I heard they are going to hold out all season and re-enter the draft next year, thinking they can go higher and get more money

:P They should be signed sometime during training camp.

I doubt a second-rounder is going to hold out, and if Kiwi tries it, all he'll have to do is look at the roster to see why Ernie is laughing so hard.

Aside from any money issues, this could be the exact reason why he would hold out. Strahan and Osi are solid starters and Eric Moore is a serviceable backup who has played well when given the chance. I don't think that many first round picks come to their teams 4th in line in their position. And even when Strahan retires, which after giving a shitload of money to his money grubbing whore of a wife should be in another couple years, there's still going to be Osi and Moore in front of him. So it could very easily be potential playing time that leads to tension in the signing of Kiwi.

Aside from any money issues, this could be the exact reason why he would hold out. Strahan and Osi are solid starters and Eric Moore is a serviceable backup who has played well when given the chance. I don't think that many first round picks come to their teams 4th in line in their position. And even when Strahan retires, which after giving a shitload of money to his money grubbing whore of a wife should be in another couple years, there's still going to be Osi and Moore in front of him. So it could very easily be potential playing time that leads to tension in the signing of Kiwi.

You've seen Eric Moore play? When? He missed all of training camp last year, and never saw the field in regular season, that I recall. I think Kiwi has more to worry about in Justin Tuck than he does last year's 6th-rounder.

For Kiwi to hold out for any reason, after being injured his senior season, would be career suicide. He still has to prove that he was worth the first round pick, particularly since his value plummetted as much it did last year, so he's not in any position to hold out at this time. Considering the level of competition, he really can't afford to miss much in the way of practice.

You've seen Eric Moore play? When? He missed all of training camp last year, and never saw the field in regular season, that I recall. I think Kiwi has more to worry about in Justin Tuck than he does last year's 6th-rounder.

For Kiwi to hold out for any reason, after being injured his senior season, would be career suicide. He still has to prove that he was worth the first round pick, particularly since his value plummetted as much it did last year, so he's not in any position to hold out at this time. Considering the level of competition, he really can't afford to miss much in the way of practice.

Moore played last year.

#93 played in spots during the last 8 games of the season... but didn't really accomplish anything at all.

My bad. I meant Justin Tuck, not Eric Moore.