SportsWrath

To prove I really don't know what I'm doing, draftwise

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

It’s definitely popular on this website to like the later round guys the giants draft more than the early ones. 

Another thing about the Giants drafts of the last few years. Any Giants CB taken in rounds 5 or later, the beat writers really really pump up as if they're the next freaking Darell Revis or something.

I remember major hype around:

Tre Hawkins

Rodarius Williams

Corey Ballentine

Not to mention Sam fucking Beal. Ohhh man the writers really hyped the shit out of that guy.

15 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I think everyone we draft is going to be awesome. It’s more fun that way. 

I knew from Day 1 we fucked up with Eli Apple....it was confirmed the moment his mom started yapping on his behalf

23 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Mitch Petirus? I can't recall his last name, set the record for most reps by an Olineman.

Thought "How could you fuck up drafting a really strong guard?"

Well we did.

In terms of high round picks I thought Aaron Ross was going to a better DB then he was, but he never really lived up to it, was alright but nothing you would want a first round players to be.

Kenny Phillips was another guy I thought would be the next Sean Taylor of the NFL, but once again played better then say Ross but never really did much.

Steve Smith was a WR who I thought was going to be the next "#2 WR" guy talked about in the NFL and I was pounding the table for the Giants to draft him, but injuries got the best of him.

Also thought that TE Travis Beckam? Was going to be a weapon gadget player, turns out he just sucked and Gilly had the imagination of a rock to use him.

I liked Petrus too, he filled in for Seubert for two games his rookie year and looked great. Then there were like 4 offseason stories about his new.band touring the putting out an album and I knew we were in trouble.

20 hours ago, mastershake said:

Another thing about the Giants drafts of the last few years. Any Giants CB taken in rounds 5 or later, the beat writers really really pump up as if they're the next freaking Darell Revis or something.

I remember major hype around:

Tre Hawkins

Rodarius Williams

Corey Ballentine

Not to mention Sam fucking Beal. Ohhh man the writers really hyped the shit out of that guy.

I remember watching college film on Rodarius Williams and saying, "boy, he sucks." Then the coaching staff was raving about him and I said "nope, he sucks." He started 2-3 games and clearly sucked, but the beat writers and coaches insisted he played well... I was like, "am I going insane? This guy fucking sucks."

Turns out I was correct, he sucks.

On 4/24/2024 at 11:20 AM, Sephiroth said:

For me it was Will Hernandez and Deandre Baker. I also thought Dex Lawrence was a one-dimensional run stuffer. Tree will tell you that I also bought the hype on every mediocre day two WR pick for about a ten-year span. 

I still think Neal will be a good guard, and could still be a good RT.

Funny though... all the pundits are out on Neal after two years but are sure Brian Burns is still going to develop into a top-5 edge player even though he hasn't been close to that in five years. I think by year 3 you more or less are what you are. Not trying to pick scabs or start an argument, it's just interesting to note the consensus opinion.

Do you still have the "I harden for Barden" avatar tucked away somewhere?

I'm still holding my breath for Belinger to develop into the next Kelce.