SportsWrath

"Hip drop" tackle banned.

10 hours ago, Treehugger said:

It's not a rugby technique at all, it's just lazy technique. Here's what we train:

Tackle from behind
61a.jpg
  • Chase the ball carrier until within tackling distance
  • Wrap the arms around the hips/legs of the ball carrier
  • With the head to the side, make contact with the shoulder and pull the arms inward

62a.jpg

63a.jpg

• Squeeze the arms tight and slide down the ball carrier’s body (remembering to keep the head to one side) until the ball carrier is taken to the floor and finish on top

But that's exactly what I'm referring to. Isn't that a penalty now, if you tackle as illustrated above, and use your weight on the ball carrier's legs?

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

But that's exactly what I'm referring to. Isn't that a penalty now, if you tackle as illustrated above, and use your weight on the ball carrier's legs?

I am not sure if that would be called a hip drop tackle as they are trying to stop, but it does look like the player is unweighting himself so I guess they throw a flag on it?    There is so much confusion as to what the hip drop actually is

1 hour ago, GorillaNJ said:

I am not sure if that would be called a hip drop tackle as they are trying to stop, but it does look like the player is unweighting himself so I guess they throw a flag on it?    There is so much confusion as to what the hip drop actually is

I have next to no idea what it actually is. I don't get it. I have no clue how this is supposed to work. 

On 4/10/2024 at 4:25 AM, CrazedDogs said:

Per NFL regulations, the hip-drop tackle “occurs when a defender wraps up a ball carrier and rotates or swivels his hips, unweighting himself and dropping onto the ball carrier's legs during the tackle.”

Hips don't lie.

Just now, Treehugger said:

Per NFL regulations, the hip-drop tackle “occurs when a defender wraps up a ball carrier and rotates or swivels his hips, unweighting himself and dropping onto the ball carrier's legs during the tackle.”

Hips don't lie.

but what if you have hips that just won't quit? 

Look at Brady talking a whole bunch of shit about how they are fucking up the rules and making it so only the offense can actually make a difference - AFTER HE HAS RETIRED. When he spent his entire career whining if a defender so much a brushed his jersey.