SportsWrath

Art Stapleton mock draft

Mr. P

34 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Jones was also Eli the 2nd when it came to demeanor.  That was as much a component of his being drafted as anything I believe.

For sure.  He had the right Giant's package and deportment.  That played a huge role.  DJ has to do more than talk the talk with me, he has to walk the walk as well.  DJ can't walk the walk.  He had second/third round Jesse Palmer written all over him to me. ;)  Eli was generational... the next person won't be Eli.  Y.A. Tittle was confident, Tarkenton was not made for NY and needed Minnesota, Simms was like Namath, Hostetler was self-effacing, Collins was cocksure and folded against the Ravens, and Eli had the will and fortitude to get it done.  The rest were not have been bench warmers.  Dave Brown was a spoiled arrogant bastard with talent at the college level playing games against East Buttfuck University, but definitely could not play at an NFL level. :laugh:

12 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Jones was also Eli the 2nd when it came to demeanor.  That was as much a component of his being drafted as anything I believe.

And thats something he still carries to this day - Ive seen reporters asking him the weirdest shit - and he has been nothing but a class act off the field. Unlike say a Pickett or a Wilson who yap nonsense. Its unfortunate that his play on the field hasnt yet matched him attitude off it - but I still believe in DJ and hope he has a great career going forward

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

And thats something he still carries to this day - Ive seen reporters asking him the weirdest shit - and he has been nothing but a class act off the field. Unlike say a Pickett or a Wilson who yap nonsense. Its unfortunate that his play on the field hasnt yet matched him attitude off it - but I still believe in DJ and hope he has a great career going forward

I can be a classy guy...but ain't a one of you want me starting at QB.

I wish him the best.  Hope he didn't squander his education at Duke.