SportsWrath

Beat the Pack Monday

GorillaNJ

8 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's not like Tyrod or DiVito inherited a better team.

It's just looked better without Jones in it. 

As unfortunate as it is to say right now. 

I think part of it is Tommy is playing with nothing to lose and everything to prove.    

I really like Jones but he does play too afraid to wip some passes out there and he’s happy to play safe 

3 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

I think part of it is Tommy is playing with nothing to lose and everything to prove.    

I really like Jones but he does play too afraid to wip some passes out there and he’s happy to play safe 

No question Tommy is making the most of his moment and having a good time. But he’s also avoiding pursue and keeping his eyes downfield. 

not saying he’s the starter of the future, just that if we say this exact same play out of jones, we’d be pretty content to say the team over performed last year and the line still needs work. The commentary wouldn’t be jones isn’t the guy I mean.  

5 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Yeah that's the problem.

We broke Jones.

The kid is seeing ghosts.

It's not his fault, it's an organizational failure.

But that's the thing he's done here and only a change of place might help.

Just now, jranieli said:

How did Jones regress so bad from last year? The offensive line was horrible early on, but Jones looked hapless out there. 

He's had the David Carr treatment.

He's run for his life his entire career and developed bad habits from it.

He needs a change of scenery and to sit on the bench for a year or two, learn to love the game again and get back to playing like rookie Jones.

But it won't be here.

1 minute ago, jranieli said:

How did Jones regress so bad from last year? The offensive line was horrible early on, but Jones looked hapless out there. 

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah that's the problem.

We broke Jones.

The kid is seeing ghosts.

It's not his fault, it's an organizational failure.

But that's the thing he's done here and only a change of place might help.

Yeah getting hit a lot, never having open receivers, never having an apex predator type receiver, and the pressure of a huge contract destroyed him. 

I’d feel bad but honestly he played his cards right. Absolute worst case, if 2022 was not the real DJ, he still walks a very rich man and probably some teams will keep trying to make him the guy.  

Just now, Virginia Giant said:

Yeah getting hit a lot, never having open receivers, never having an apex predator type receiver, and the pressure of a huge contract destroyed him. 

I’d feel bad but honestly he played his cards right. Absolute worst case, if 2022 was not the real DJ, he still walks a very rich man and probably some teams will keep trying to make him the guy.  

I mean the Giants didn't make the wrong decisions signing Jones, fully healthy, wasn't a turnover machine.

The only problem is how much they have him, but that's market value for a QBs second contract. 

1 minute ago, Virginia Giant said:

I would really like the Giants to grab a WR with the early pick. 

1 minute ago, jranieli said:

I would really like the Giants to grab a WR with the early pick. 

I saw a quote somewhere from some coach people quote I suppose, that you shouldn’t draft your WR until you have your qb. But watching Richie James and Isaiah Hodges be the team’s leading receivers last year proved that wrong to me.