SportsWrath

Preseason game two yo

BlueInCanada

Just now, Sephiroth said:

But still not good. Peart and Joe Isuzu both look like future XFL stars.

Well they're back ups.

I don't think there's a single NFL team that is seven or eight starters deep at Oline.

I'm willing to say outside of maybe 10 teams or so most don't even have 5 full starting quality Oline. 

Luckily I think we are close with the starters atleast. 

Brain fart by Neal to end the half.  Really encouraged again by depth of secondary..and yeah...Riley seems like a find so far.  Seems this year may be Williams last.  Still want to see Thibs take over a series/game.  Tuned in late...but seems DJ was sharp.

Last preseason game will be meaningless given we play Jets in reg season.  Gonna be real vanilla on both sides...may not see any starters

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Well they're back ups.

I don't think there's a single NFL team that is seven or eight starters deep at Oline.

I'm willing to say outside of maybe 10 teams or so most don't even have 5 full starting quality Oline. 

Luckily I think we are close with the starters atleast. 

That's true but they're both third rounders too. Reaches both, I'd argue, but you'd hope to get competent play out of a third round pick. These guys are flat-out embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

That's true but they're both third rounders too. Reaches both, I'd argue, but you'd hope to get competent play out of a third round pick. These guys are flat-out embarrassing.

I don't know the draft is a crap shoot.

Even first round picks statistically aren't even guaranteed backups. 

Anything outside the top 10 I think it's just a guessing game really. 

Granted I do agree that with coaching and time you should be able to get competent play out of your draft picks, but if that was true for everyone then you'd never have to dip into FA.