SportsWrath

The Giants are signing veteran RB James Robinson. He played with the Jaguars and Jets last year.

Mr. P

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Wasn't this guy primed to break out? 

Had a monster year and that's it? 

Barkley insurance I suppose lol 

like Jay-Z once told Nas “you had a spark when you started but now you’re just garbage”

54 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Showed promise...torn acl...never the same.  Low risk, high reward.  Camp body.  Barkley fill in.

More interested in what Eric Grey can do.

I think he's more than a camp body.

Barkley is more than likely sitting out camp and pre season since he doesn't get any penalty for doing so.

Come week 1 Barkley will need time to get back into the swing of it all.

There's a good chance Breida starts week one with Grey/Robinson backing him up. 

On 7/22/2023 at 4:04 AM, BlueInCanada said:

I think he's more than a camp body.

Barkley is more than likely sitting out camp and pre season since he doesn't get any penalty for doing so.

Come week 1 Barkley will need time to get back into the swing of it all.

There's a good chance Breida starts week one with Grey/Robinson backing him up. 

Has there been any indication that Barkley will sit-out camp and pre-season?? I doubt he will do that and I hope Im not wrong....

Yeah, don't see Barkley coming back until his paycheck starts getting dinged.

That said, he can technically hold out until November before he has to decide whether he's missing the full season.

I would expect him back week 1 for 2 reasons.  First is the paycheck.  Second is to support his teammates.  Whether he plays week 1 is another discussion.

I don't think there is enough time for teams/agents/league to adjust rules before season starts, but I think it's a valid argument for owners to discuss throughout the season.

6 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Yeah, don't see Barkley coming back until his paycheck starts getting dinged.

That said, he can technically hold out until November before he has to decide whether he's missing the full season.

I would expect him back week 1 for 2 reasons.  First is the paycheck.  Second is to support his teammates.  Whether he plays week 1 is another discussion.

I don't think there is enough time for teams/agents/league to adjust rules before season starts, but I think it's a valid argument for owners to discuss throughout the season.

He'll be back week one. 

Maybe the week before or the day of but he'll be back. 

The Achilles is always tough to come back from. He's probably a rotational option at this point. I'm more optimistic about Eric Gray and seeing what he can do. Breida and Gray will likely get the bulk of the work if Barkley sits out.

Gray also will be 24, only 2 years younger than Barkley, so he's probably mature enough to go hopefully, at least in a rotation.

8 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The Achilles is always tough to come back from. He's probably a rotational option at this point. I'm more optimistic about Eric Gray and seeing what he can do. Breida and Gray will likely get the bulk of the work if Barkley sits out.

Gray also will be 24, only 2 years younger than Barkley, so he's probably mature enough to go hopefully, at least in a rotation.

Extra touches over the summer for Gray can't hurt either.  

On 7/24/2023 at 11:34 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

Has there been any indication that Barkley will sit-out camp and pre-season?? I doubt he will do that and I hope Im not wrong....

See? I was right - this is the reason I wanted the Giants to actually pay the man - he is a winner - not a whiner