SportsWrath

VG Fixes the Giants, 2023 Edition, Part Two: Does it suck in here?

Virginia Giant

As the NY Giants equipment manager, VG has been busy ordering red alternate jerseys and gray pants for the season.  But he has had time to drop a few note to Seph, Herc, and Shakes on some directions they could go.  

First, recognizing there is a WR on a team that doesn't want to be there, that might be had at an attractive price, the Giants make a move. 

Giants Trade their rd 2 pick in 2023, plus, I dunno, a 5th rd pick this year and a conditional 4th round pick in 24 to the Cardinals for DeAndre Hopkins.  

Giants probably some guys.  

Going into the draft, with WR1 settled, the Giants can start looking to fill other needs.  

25:  Deondre Banks, CB, Maryland

89:  Steve Avila, OG, TCU

100:  Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan St

128:  Israel Abanikanda, RB, Pitt

160:  Braeden Daniels, OG, Utah

172:  Jaxon Player, DT, Baylor

209:  Shaka Heyward, LB, Duke

240:  Josh Whyle, TE, Cincinnati 

243:  Tommy DeVito, QB, Illinois

Michael Jefferson, WR LA

After the draft, they gang realized VG just did a 10 minute draft simulator and realize, they fucked up listening to him. 

It's funny VG I was just thinking of this Hopkins stuff.

The guy is a sure fire Hall Of Famer and even in his injured years is far and away the best WR we would hypothetically have since OBJ. 

I'd be in for like a third and fourth type of thing.

Love your draft, VG, especially Banks and Avila. The plan is very sound.

I want nothing to do with Hopkins though. We've already done the injured vet WR thing and it hasn't worked out. If we're trading, I either want a young WR with a relatively clean injury history (Higgins, Aiyuk, etc) or sign a middle of the pack guy for a middle of the pack price (Juju, etc).

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2023 at 9:24 PM, Virginia Giant said:

As the NY Giants equipment manager, VG has been busy ordering red alternate jerseys and gray pants for the season.  But he has had time to drop a few note to Seph, Herc, and Shakes on some directions they could go.  

First, recognizing there is a WR on a team that doesn't want to be there, that might be had at an attractive price, the Giants make a move. 

Giants Trade their rd 2 pick in 2023, plus, I dunno, a 5th rd pick this year and a conditional 4th round pick in 24 to the Cardinals for DeAndre Hopkins.  

Going into the draft, with WR1 settled, the Giants can start looking to fill other needs.  

Michael Jefferson, WR LA

After the draft, they gang realized VG just did a 10 minute draft simulator and realize, they fucked up listening to him. 

1 for 1

15 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Whats a word on this guy? Is there some reason Joey Porter Jr's stock fell? I always felt if he was available Giants were gonna pick him.

Athletically a freak at the CB position.

Long solid frame, plays man like a DAWG but can clean up his game heavily.

He's a Wink guy who can do it all really, play the run blitz and play that man press.

• 6 months later...
On 3/10/2023 at 9:24 PM, Virginia Giant said:

Michael Jefferson, WR LA

i felt it was critical to remind everyone of my mock drafting prowess and football intellect for knowing Tommy D would be the next Tommy B.