SportsWrath

Shepard returning on reworked deal

Herc

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

So you want to keep the guy coming back from a season ending injury and rework his contract to end in 2022 over players who had more of an impact.  :ThinkingScratchHead2-small:

Yeah. The guy knows our system and shouldn’t cost too much. Toney is good but injury fucks him up.  

6 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Yeah. The guy knows our system and shouldn’t cost too much. Toney is good but injury fucks him up.  

I don't see how him knowing the system is a benefit considering new system being installed.  We can easily say Shepard is good but injuries as well.

8 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I think Shep has something left in the tank.  Think he could be Steve Smith...Mr. 1st down...just find a hole, sit down, get 8 yards on 3rd and 6.

I think he can play as well and he has made a career of being that guy we can count on to convert for a first down.  I guess the deal that was worked out is better than outright cutting him.  :ThinkingScratchHead2-small:

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

I think he can play as well and he has made a career of being that guy we can count on to convert for a first down.  I guess the deal that was worked out is better than outright cutting him.  :ThinkingScratchHead2-small:

2 hours ago, Herc said:

I guess I’d like to see what the new cap number ends up being which they haven’t released yet.  I was all for just straight cutting him

I think I read the cap hit is going from 12M or so down to 1 or 2M...give or take.  If we save 10M...that is pretty substantial.  I like Shep and hope he makes that 10M back in FA next year.

31 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I think I read the cap hit is going from 12M or so down to 1 or 2M...give or take.  If we save 10M...that is pretty substantial.  I like Shep and hope he makes that 10M back in FA next year.

If that’s the case then great.  Are we doing better in the FA market than Shepard for that kind of price?  I’d rather do this than sign a John Ross type