SportsWrath

Joe Judge: A Head Coach Who Has Failed To Adapt To The Modern Day

jranieli

As much as I think this article hits the nail on the head about Judge, it all starts at the top.

Mara and his "ol boys club" mentality of not hiring outside of the organization. 

His in ability to adapt to the changing game and schemes and hiring new coaches with those same ideals. 

Hiring GMs who he's buddy buddy with instead of once again looking for something else. 

Keeping his family in positions if power inside the organization. 

And the list could go on.

Judge is just a part of the cancer from the top of this organization.

I mean the Giants are basically the perfect average team, never dominated for long periods of time but never was irrelevant for longer periods either.

Just average with some great playoff runs mixed in. 

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

As much as I think this article hits the nail on the head about Judge, it all starts at the top.

Mara and his "ol boys club" mentality of not hiring outside of the organization. 

His in ability to adapt to the changing game and schemes and hiring new coaches with those same ideals. 

Hiring GMs who he's buddy buddy with instead of once again looking for something else. 

Keeping his family in positions if power inside the organization. 

And the list could go on.

Judge is just a part of the cancer from the top of this organization.

I mean the Giants are basically the perfect average team, never dominated for long periods of time but never was irrelevant for longer periods either.

Just average with some great playoff runs mixed in. 

and 4 Super Bowls.   

1 per decade since the 80s.  Still have 8 more years for this decade.   

22 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

and 4 Super Bowls.   

1 per decade since the 80s.  Still have 8 more years for this decade.   

I'm not saying I'd take those SBs or the playoff runs away.

But overall the Giants win/loss is the definition of average, I think it's closer .500 now with all the losing lately.

We've never had a dynasty where we had years and years of playoff bound teams but we've never been the Lions either just entire decades of losing. 

As I've said the franchise has been average in terms of winning and losing in its history, with some lucky/miracle playoff runs thrown in. 

On paper, Gettleman and Judge had the right idea. 

QB getting old?  Defenses getting smaller and quicker? Beef up the o-line and go to a power running game.  

Offenses becoming high-flyers?  Strengthen your d-line and corners. 

The problem is that these players fucking suck, and that's on Gettleman.  The playcalling is atrocious, and adjustments aren't being made...  and that's on Judge. 

We're stuck with the players till 2023 at the earliest.  We're gonna suck for a while. 

5 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'm not saying I'd take those SBs or the playoff runs away.

But overall the Giants win/loss is the definition of average, I think it's closer .500 now with all the losing lately.

We've never had a dynasty where we had years and years of playoff bound teams but we've never been the Lions either just entire decades of losing. 

As I've said the franchise has been average in terms of winning and losing in its history, with some lucky/miracle playoff runs thrown in. 

The Giants were the Cowboys of the league bro.  They were always big... not just being a homer here.  You are definitely right about Mara and his bullshit.