SportsWrath

Tomlinson gone

Herc

51 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Fun fact. 

Since 2007 only two second rounds picks have signed a second contact with the Giants.

Shepard and Terrell Thomas

The Giants just dont grow home talent lol 

They do; they refuse to resign them. Devon Kenard and Romeo Okwara are starters. Hankins is a starter. Linval Joseph was a starter.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Fun fact. 

Since 2007 only two second rounds picks have signed a second contact with the Giants.

Shepard and Terrell Thomas

The Giants just dont grow home talent lol 

To be fair for recent drafts, I think not re-signing Landon Collins was the right move.

Then looking back:

Weston Richburg was an avg starter. Not worth the contract he signed. He's essentially out of the league now, right? Didn't develop this guy.

DT Hankins left for a 3 year $27mm deal for the Colts, who then cut him a year later. He's an avg, serviceable starter, but glad we didn't re-sign.

Interestingly we're talking about not developing guys, but ironically Jerry Reese's Dalvin Tomlinson is a fine lineman and solid pick.

I also just took a look at our 3rd rounders and Jerry Reese's record in the 3rd round was abysmal.

I think DG's seat is gonna be getti g warmer after this offseason unless draft picks really pan out.

Just don't get Williams over Tomlinson...given cost.

And to have a rookie QB on a rookie deal and still be fighting the cap is ridiculous...and COVID hit all teams,  it just ours so that's no excuse.

Think Gallman might've come cheaper than Booker?  I'd rather have kept Wayne.

In a couple years, we will be picking tip 10 (still) and overpaying (still).  Until we establish some track record of success....players are only coming here if we offer far and above what others do...it is almost a player-induced penalty for sucking.