SportsWrath

Tomlinson gone

Herc

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Wtf we couldn't afford that contract?

I was thinking similarly: So we're saying for the amount we signed Devonte Booker and Austin Johnson, ~$6mm as backups....we couldn't come up with like a 4 year $40mm contract that was backloaded, with a yr 1 cap hit of $8-9mm? Geez DG....what have you done with this team.

9 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Are we cutting Engram? Did I miss something?

Also cutting Spencer Pulley and Levine Toilolo pays for those guys.

No, you didn’t.  I’m just saying if we cut him then we could have these two new guys and be right where we were cap-wise when yesterday started.  Golladay seems like a pipe dream right now 

I'm going to assume this is all due to the game Williams and DG are having.

We still haven't been able to lock down what the numbers of Williams contract are. 

Should of just let Williams walk to avoid a situation like this.

The Giants are basically held hostage until a deal is signed. 

46 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I was thinking similarly: So we're saying for the amount we signed Devonte Booker and Austin Johnson, ~$6mm as backups....we couldn't come up with like a 4 year $40mm contract that was backloaded, with a yr 1 cap hit of $8-9mm? Geez DG....what have you done with this team.

Actually looking at the contract Tomlinson signed it's front loaded.

Tomlinson is making 16 million fully guaranteed this season. 

I can see why he took the Vikings deal, he gets paid, plus gets to hit FA again in two years when the cap will be like 200 million.

Honestly, we could have drafted Barkley's backup in the 4th - 6th round for less than 1/3rd of the price of Booker ($3mm).

Didn't need that. Also, +$2.9mm from Toilolo, +$2.75mm from Pulley. Add up these three moves, and that could have been Dalvin Tomlinson's contract.

DG essentially chose Booker, Toilolo, and Pulley over Dalvin Tomlinson....(and over several other free agents I'd rather have on this roster). 

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

Actually looking at the contract Tomlinson signed it's front loaded.

Tomlinson is making 16 million fully guaranteed this season. 

I can see why he took the Vikings deal, he gets paid, plus gets to hit FA again in two years when the cap will be like 200 million.

Got it...I take back my post saying we could have afforded him, but I still think the money on Booker, Toilolo, Pulley, and Engram is better spent elsewhere.

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Got it...I take back my post saying we could have afforded him, but I still think the money on Booker, Toilolo, Pulley, and Engram is better spent elsewhere.

Yeah Engram and Pulley I have no idea why they are still on the roster. 

Toilololooolol took the pay cut though so only reason why he's around and Booker is a solid signing IMO.

I mean a late round RB doesn't work out as much as a proven guy who you know what your getting like Booker.

I can’t believe how utterly mismanaged this team is. Worst record in the last 4 or 5 years in all of the NFL and the team is completely broke and primed to be worse than 2020. 

I’m OK losing Tomlinson just because the team seems incapable of missing on DT picks but Jesus, how many 6-10 teams have gotten significantly WORSE as soon as free agency started?

26 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Honestly, we could have drafted Barkley's backup in the 4th - 6th round for less than 1/3rd of the price of Booker ($3mm).

Didn't need that. Also, +$2.9mm from Toilolo, +$2.75mm from Pulley. Add up these three moves, and that could have been Dalvin Tomlinson's contract.

DG essentially chose Booker, Toilolo, and Pulley over Dalvin Tomlinson....(and over several other free agents I'd rather have on this roster). 

Agreed.  Gettleman has a serious fucking problem with resource allocation to the rb position.  

17 minutes ago, Storm said:

I can’t believe how utterly mismanaged this team is. Worst record in the last 4 or 5 years in all of the NFL and the team is completely broke and primed to be worse than 2020. 

I’m OK losing Tomlinson just because the team seems incapable of missing on DT picks but Jesus, how many 6-10 teams have gotten significantly WORSE as soon as free agency started?

Yeah it's interesting that we've been about as bad as the Jags, Jets, Dolphins (although they improved this year) in the last four years....yet they have tons of cap space and we have none.

27 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Yeah it's interesting that we've been about as bad as the Jags, Jets, Dolphins (although they improved this year) in the last four years....yet they have tons of cap space and we have none.

To be fair though these teams did a proper tank/rebuild.

Miami traded away all their starters two years ago, the Jags did the same thing last year.

The Jets got rid of Adams and all their big contracts too.

The Giants though keep trying to win whole rebuilding because it works so well.