SportsWrath

2021 Yankees

Chuck Wagon

Its a steal...guy made 12 mill a year for 2 mvp caliber seasons(though 1 shortened) and only got a 3 mil anual raise. Savvy cash....savvy.

His bat abd glove will most likely age well too. He isnt a muscle freak that pulls everything . bat to ball skills age well.

Im surprised they gave kluber so much....i like bringing him on... If he can be a fraction of what he was before injuries, its a great deal...but lots of questions.

They need to do imo

3 hours ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

Its a steal...guy made 12 mill a year for 2 mvp caliber seasons(though 1 shortened) and only got a 3 mil anual raise. Savvy cash....savvy.

His bat abd glove will most likely age well too. He isnt a muscle freak that pulls everything . bat to ball skills age well.

Im surprised they gave kluber so much....i like bringing him on... If he can be a fraction of what he was before injuries, its a great deal...but lots of questions.

They need to do imo

Yeah...DJ gave a hometown discount I think to stay.

One year deal on Kluber......one year deal...worth a flyer I suppose.  

Hey....hope we can get in on the Cubs fire sale...apparently anything not named Baez must go.....Given Gio is coming off surgery.....love to see Happ and that left bat come over.....shit move DJ to 3rd and let Happ do second. When Gio comeback Happ can be utility at pretty much any position but 1B and C.

Cubs fan are too stupid to be pissed....Ricketts buys the team...gets the ring..they all jizz in their pants......then he buys up all the land around the Stadium to build Rickettsville...then proceeds to starve the team back to garbage. Figure he'll make a killing on those assholes shelling out money not only for tickets...but in his hotel and restaurants that bracket their park for another 70 years of "Lovable Loses" shit. 

That is the difference between the Yankees and everybody else...if the yankees put garbage on the field..the fans fuck off.

C. Wagon

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's nice to have a Blue Jays team with some hope behind it.

Ever since the bat flip I havent been this excited for a MLB season.

Do you think they will get back to home games in Canada this summer?

Man...that HAS to suck for those guys...but they are loaded. 

C. Wagon

16 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Do you think they will get back to home games in Canada this summer?

Man...that HAS to suck for those guys...but they are loaded. 

C. Wagon

I think they eventually will, probably by the end of May middle of June.

Vaccine rollout is starting to pick up steam across Canada, with Pfizer pushing up supply delivery dates and America sending extra vaccines <3

I know Canada allowed NHL traded players to only be on a five day quarantine instead of the two week one currently recommended.

But yes I know whenever the Blue Jays return to Toronto that city is going to be jumping.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think they eventually will, probably by the end of May middle of June.

Vaccine rollout is starting to pick up steam across Canada, with Pfizer pushing up supply delivery dates and America sending extra vaccines <3

I know Canada allowed NHL traded players to only be on a five day quarantine instead of the two week one currently recommended.

But yes I know whenever the Blue Jays return to Toronto that city is going to be jumping.

Cole was PISSED he got pulled on a pitch count yesterday...and I dont blame him.

C. Wagon

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Cole was PISSED he got pulled on a pitch count yesterday...and I dont blame him.

C. Wagon

It's a long season, Cole has got to realize that.

They are going 100 more games, no need to go out there and pitch 7 innings in the first game of the year, they paid him 300+ million for an entire season of work.

Granted him and Ryu were pitching out of their minds, Cole has that streak going 6+ SO a game? Both bullpens did well considering the batting power both teams had.

MLB needs to get rid of that runner on second bullshit though in extra innings, sure it speeds up the game but I just find it so beer league lol

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's a long season, Cole has got to realize that.

They are going 100 more games, no need to go out there and pitch 7 innings in the first game of the year, they paid him 300+ million for an entire season of work.

Granted him and Ryu were pitching out of their minds, Cole has that streak going 6+ SO a game? Both bullpens did well considering the batting power both teams had.

MLB needs to get rid of that runner on second bullshit though in extra innings, sure it speeds up the game but I just find it so beer league lol

I agree...but I am old...I want them to outlaw domes, astro turf, raise the mound back up 6 inches, no DH, strip away all this body armour the batters have now save the helmet and not give a pitcher a warning his he throws one over a guys head.

We ain't going to win this won either Blue.

C. Wagon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
16 hours ago, K3VIN said:

I stand bye this comment 

Yep.

Loved his "the rest of the division is gaining on us'.......you think...for...what...like the last two decades or so.

....and fuck Cashman....he basically fielded a rec league softball team other than LeMehiu, Judge, Gio, Rizzo, and...at the end of the year Stanton. The rest were swing and miss fucktards. 

How about we start bring up some of talent down on the farm....like in the 90s and actually build a team.

Jesus tired of this shit.

C. Wagon.

12 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Yep.

Loved his "the rest of the division is gaining on us'.......you think...for...what...like the last two decades or so.

....and fuck Cashman....he basically fielded a rec league softball team other than LeMehiu, Judge, Gio, Rizzo, and...at the end of the year Stanton. The rest were swing and miss fucktards. 

How about we start bring up some of talent down on the farm....like in the 90s and actually build a team.

Jesus tired of this shit.

C. Wagon.

Our Talent is always over hyped junk. I’m just glad Judge has out performed him self. I really thought he was just going to be a Adam Dunn esq player. I don’t know what deal Stanton made with the devil but I hope he included the next couple of years. 

32 minutes ago, K3VIN said:

Our Talent is always over hyped junk. I’m just glad Judge has out performed him self. I really thought he was just going to be a Adam Dunn esq player. I don’t know what deal Stanton made with the devil but I hope he included the next couple of years. 

Judge just needs to stay healthy. I think Stanton sold Sanchez's and Torre's souls to the devil.

I hope that Volpe kid ....Dominguez...and Wells are as advertised and get up to the bigs sooner than later....like mid 22 ... But my guess is they'll trade at least two of them away for a #2 pitcher on the back end of their career like always. 

In the mean time....maybe we play our gold glove second basement (DJ)..at second base..instead of everywhere but second base......and our could be gold glove third basement (Gio)...at third and not short...and find a CF that can stay on the field..and a catcher that isn't a fucking windmill back there. 

While I am bitching....at a minimum....fire Phil Nevin.....holy christ....he sent a league leading 22 base runners to put outs at home....fucking disgraceful.

C. Wagon

• 11 months later...
On 10/13/2022 at 9:22 AM, GorillaNJ said:

What happens if they rain out tonight?  Looks like the weather is going to be snotty at best 

Looks like tonights game might be in same boat.....supposedly noon make up game tomorrow...winner flies to huston for a night game on Wednesday.

Fucking Astros.

C.W agon

20 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Looks like tonights game might be in same boat.....supposedly noon make up game tomorrow...winner flies to huston for a night game on Wednesday.

Fucking Astros.

C.W agon

Not sure if I would rather watch the Yankees lose today, or see them go get butt fucked by the stros...

In reality I am still rooting for Guardians v Padres

How much do you pay the best regular season player in baseball..who disappeared in the last three playoffs...

https://www.statmuse.com/mlb/ask/aaron-judge-career-postseason-stats

$450 ...$500 million for 31 year old guy that is more Mr. September than Mr. October?

Young Stienbrenner aint the Old Man...he has a cap on his check book...and Cashman has shown he'll over pay for guys that don't pan out or can't get on the field enough to justify the truckload of money he dropped on them.

I mean, I love the guy...but fuck...his Playoff stat line is going way in the wrong direction the last 4 seasons in the playoffs.

C. Wagon

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

How much do you pay the best regular season player in baseball..who disappeared in the last three playoffs...

https://www.statmuse.com/mlb/ask/aaron-judge-career-postseason-stats

$450 ...$500 million for 31 year old guy that is more Mr. September than Mr. October?

Young Stienbrenner aint the Old Man...he has a cap on his check book...and Cashman has shown he'll over pay for guys that don't pan out or can't get on the field enough to justify the truckload of money he dropped on them.

I mean, I love the guy...but fuck...his Playoff stat line is going way in the wrong direction the last 4 seasons in the playoffs.

C. Wagon

Maybe he needs a old school type manager who can get his head right and not have him swinging out of his cleats on every pitch...

buck-showalter.gif

11 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Maybe he needs a old school type manager who can get his head right and not have him swinging out of his cleats on every pitch...

buck-showalter.gif

I think that home run chase fucked with his swing and timing. I saw alot of his early season homers and he got them when he was just trying to make contact. Last month of the season it looked like he was into all that launch angle bullshit.

I loved it when Buck was the Yanks skipper. I loved Torre too..but I think Showalter could have done at least as much as Joe did with those late 90s teams.

C. Wagon

C. Wagon