SportsWrath

Fun fact

BlueInCanada

I think we should pick an ol top three or four rounds every year, even if the unit is a strength. Can't have too many of those guys. And Zeitler has gone full meh this season. Still need at least two interior OLs to step up - both Gs and a backup.

I'm happy with Gates. I think he's maybe a foundational player. Of course, that's really tough to get a read on for a cerebral position like C. But he seems to bring fire to that group, and I love how he plays, always looking for work, always finds someone to hit, and he stacks up well against those nfl sized interior d linemen, better than most.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/12/29/22205103/giants-offensive-line-remains-a-work-in-progress-dave-deguglielmo-press-conference

I was reading about how Shane Lemieux has all but taken the LG position from Will Hernandez in the last few weeks.  I'm pretty shocked by how the Giants have replaced Hernandez since he came down with covid.  I like to think it is because Lemieux is ready to take the next step in his development with playing time.  Hope it is not because the Giants are planning on letting Hernandez walk when his contract is up.  Giants might very well be letting Zeitler and we have a pair of new starters on the right side of the line for the 2021 season.

Overall it was another tough season for the Giants.

15 hours ago, mastershake said:

Yep. I'm also not sure what people are seeing in Shane Lemuiex. He has some initial success, but the last month he's been bad. Same thing with Gates. If it were up to me this off-season, I'd sign and/or draft in the first round two interior lineman, preferably a Center included.

The interesting thing is Zeitler with a $14mm cap hit in 2021 (and $12mm in cap savings if we cut) is all but assured to be cut, so that is yet ANOTHER gap on the OL we'll have to fill.

Another thing too, I can't recall where I was reading this, but some scout or analyst was talking about Thomas and Peart saying Thomas with his strength but lack of agility and average length is better suited at RT, while Peart who is more athletic and longer is better suited for LT, yet Judge and Co have them playing on opposite sides. Perhaps we'll flip them next year?

Thats a pretty interesting thought. But for the life of me - can we actually be able to DRAFT a Left Tackle who actually plays that position? Flowers when moved to Guard has become fairly decent too. Maybe we should have gone for Quentin Nelson when we had the chance.......

21 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think we should pick an ol top three or four rounds every year, even if the unit is a strength. Can't have too many of those guys. And Zeitler has gone full meh this season. Still need at least two interior OLs to step up - both Gs and a backup.

I'm happy with Gates. I think he's maybe a foundational player. Of course, that's really tough to get a read on for a cerebral position like C. But he seems to bring fire to that group, and I love how he plays, always looking for work, always finds someone to hit, and he stacks up well against those nfl sized interior d linemen, better than most.

I think this too. If we have a top-3 pick I'd even be ok with picking up that Peen Sewer kid who plays LT. Looks like a beast.