SportsWrath

Another Daniel Jones Disaster vs. Buccaneers Means Giants Must Draft New QB

jranieli

8 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

No, not like Colt McCoy (and holy Christ, I can't believe I have to have this discussion). More like DeShaun Watson or Jimmy Garappolo if they become available. Maybe you take a hard look at Dak Prescott or as others have said, start looking at the draft prospects (or maybe trade up for Trevor Lawrence if you're the #2 pick. 

You are not going to learn if Daniel Jones is the quarterback of the future by starting Colt McFucking Coy. 

If Colt McCoy outplays Daniel Jones it means Daniel Jones is not the future and the Giants should draft another QB immediately.  The Giants do not need to land Watson or Garappolo to figure that out.  Watson and Garappolo becoming available is right up there with JJ Watt becoming available, you know for comparison with our DE's

I give DJ the rest of this lost season.  His ability to limit turnovers the rest of the way will tell me enough about his decision making ability that I'll know which way this team needs to go in the offseason.

2 seasons is adequate sample size for a first round QB

On 11/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, gmenroc said:

I give DJ the rest of this lost season.  His ability to limit turnovers the rest of the way will tell me enough about his decision making ability that I'll know which way this team needs to go in the offseason.

I would like to see him finish this season and play next season before coming to a conclusion on his ability.  Two seasons under Judge and running this offense is a fair assessment.  

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

I would like to see him finish this season and play next season before coming to a conclusion on his ability.  Two seasons under Judge and running this offense is a fair assessment.  

Turnover machine in two offenses under two coaches...trending toward a pattern there

On 11/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, gmenroc said:

Exactly. 

He has to at least start trending up. Right now he's not doing that. 

2 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Turnover machine in two offenses under two coaches...trending toward a pattern there

Yeah two offenses, two coaches, same problems.   I believe it would be difficult to change the pattern of turnovers with the same problems under different offenses.  Sure you can point to the problem being the same QB but the problems have extended beyond this QB, this offense or even the head coach.

It’s not like the Giants can find a QB at the drop of a hat.   Unless they get the #1 pick and Lawrence is in the draft, they’re stuck with DJ for at least another year.... which isn’t the worst thing that can happen.