SportsWrath

Remaining cap space around 25 million.

BlueInCanada

This is factoring in the 20 million Getty wants to keep for rookies and season spending.

Don't expect much more in terms of FA except for a big FA signing or a bunch of smaller ones.

So far I'm really not excited about the signings.

Bradberry is obviously far and away the best of them and CB was a clear need with only Baker being the only guy who can play outside and the position is now strong.

But Martinez? He isn't an impact guy.

Toilolo is a bench TE who fills a blocking need.

Obviously the thing holding everything up and what could be used for an impact player is the 16 million we devoted to a average player at a position we have depth at.

What a shit way to start FA.

Maybe they resign Williams long term and free up 7 to 8 million.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

This is factoring in the 20 million Getty wants to keep for rookies and season spending.

Don't expect much more in terms of FA except for a big FA signing or a bunch of smaller ones.

So far I'm really not excited about the signings.

Bradberry is obviously far and away the best of them and CB was a clear need with only Baker being the only guy who can play outside and the position is now strong.

But Martinez? He isn't an impact guy.

Toilolo is a bench TE who fills a blocking need.

Obviously the thing holding everything up and what could be used for an impact player is the 16 million we devoted to a average player at a position we have depth at.

What a shit way to start FA.

Maybe they resign Williams long term and free up 7 to 8 million.

I think it's $25-30mm in cap space remaining, already factoring in the cap allotment for draft picks.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/cap/

(Doesn't yet have the Bradberry contract on it, but if you scroll midway, you'll see the draft picks factored in.

But yeah, among major moves, I think we're done. 

So much for the Center position...and offensive line in general. 

3 minutes ago, Storm said:

I’m not sure why we’re paying Rosas 3.3 million to miss 10 extra points.

It's actually a middle of the pack average contract with kickers in the NFL according to overthecap.

He'll be making about the 16th most for a kicker next year.

Granted the kickers around him only missed one extra point all year............

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

It goes quickly.

I have a bad feeling many of us will quickly tire of Martinez. Steady player, but feedback from Packer fans is he doesn't make impact plays. 

The dudes a tackling machine, the problem is, only 29 of this tackles last year went for a loss or no gain.

He isnt an attacking LB, he waits for the play to come to him and makes sure it doesn't go anywhere, which once again isnt a bad thing, LBs need to tackle in the NFL.

But like you said he's far from an impact LB.

With 72 million in cap space you go get a few impact players.

Not Williams and Martinez who take up literally half of the cap space lol

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

The dudes a tackling machine, the problem is, only 29 of this tackles last year went for a loss or no gain.

He isnt an attacking LB, he waits for the play to come to him and makes sure it doesn't go anywhere, which once again isnt a bad thing, LBs need to tackle in the NFL.

But like you said he's far from an impact LB.

With 72 million in cap space you go get a few impact players.

Not Williams and Martinez who take up literally half of the cap space lol

In fairness, a lot of people had the same critique of Antonio Pierce when he was signed. Then a better DL in front of him made a significant difference, ended up he was worth the contract.

Watching a few cut ups of the guy, Martinez's film won't get anyone excited. 

He is not even close to black either . Mexican American named Blake not even bilahkay....K M key would say it..and he is from Tucson Arizona.

holy shit, I bet he needs sunblock to prevent getting burned on sunny days. And he definitely fucked or currently fucks a girl named Ashley.