SportsWrath

Jerry Reese continues to make an ass out of himself.

JMFP

Depends on how you look at it Tree. I would argue it was fantastic coaching that even got us that close to winning those games in the 1st place considering the complete lack of talent across most of the roster.

I concur. Here's hoping McAdoo can fill Coughlin's large shoes. Coughlin has been trying to shine a turd for a few years now.

A great coach, a great QB, and maybe the best wide receiver in football will make an otherwise shit sandwich team competitive for large parts of a ballgame.

But in the end, the better team will usually prevail.

Show of hands.....who on this board ever felt this defense was going to slam the door on anyone in the 4th quarter?

The Giant shouldn't even use the term "linebacker" in their media guide. They should replace it with "other team's bitch".

That's what has been going on for the last 4 years; but sure Jerry, you keep dreaming that you've got the same talent level you inherited, and it's all just bad luck.

Bro the Jets game stood out to me like a sore thumb... I was watching it in a bar with friends and I told them right there and then we were going to be stopped on that 4th down and will lose the game... The Jets would have needed to drive the entire field TWICE and that's with us not adding any more points to the board...

We can debate this til the end of time. The Jets EASILY SCORED ON OUR DEFENSE TWICE to send the game into OT. The lack of faith and the decision to go for it on 4th and Goal was completely warranted. The play call was shit, but the decision was spot on, because if we kick the FG and the Jets win in regulation (Like the would have with our nonexistent defense trying to stop them), everyone here and in the media would've been saying how passive we were and how we should've kept our foot on the throttle.

Either way it goes, we had a 10 point lead and for the 4357345th time our LACK OF TALENT ON DEFENSE cost us another win.

A great coach, a great QB, and maybe the best wide receiver in football will make an otherwise shit sandwich team competitive for large parts of a ballgame.

But in the end, the better team will usually prevail.

Show of hands.....who on this board ever felt this defense was going to slam the door on anyone in the 4th quarter?

The Giant shouldn't even use the term "linebacker" in their media guide. They should replace it with "other team's bitch".

That's what has been going on for the last 4 years; but sure Jerry, you keep dreaming that you've got the same talent level you inherited, and it's all just bad luck.

I consider that amongst the funniest, saddest, and at the same time true, statements I may have ever read on SW.

That, while 100% true, doesn't excuse the defense from failing to do its job of stopping the opposing offense. The Cowboys, Falcons, Jets, Patriots, Saints, and Panthers all had scoring drives in the final minutes, some of those teams (Jets, Cowboys) had multiple scoring drives to beat us. The 49ers did too, but Eli finally remembered Vereen was a receiving option.

My point being (to Nas remembering the Jets loss) considering how poor our defense was at stopping the opposition at critical moments, we needed to stay aggressive on offense in that situation. Imo, the decision was the correct one, but the playcall and the execution were horrible.

Depends on how you look at it Tree. I would argue it was fantastic coaching that even got us that close to winning those games in the 1st place considering the complete lack of talent across most of the roster.

This. Our roster was barely NFL caliber. TC got everything out of the team that he could. Being in a position to win these games, when we had, arguably, the worst defense in NFL history, is a testament to TCs coaching.

Clock management was the biggest issue IMO. It should have never come down to the D making a stop as the opponents should never have even had the ball. That's coaching.

Defense was the biggest issue and the stats prove it. No team can be expected to give up 30 points a game and win

Clock management was the biggest issue IMO. It should have never come down to the D making a stop as the opponents should never have even had the ball. That's coaching.

Clock management was ONE of the biggest issues and that's a combo of coaching and execution from players that should and do know better (looking at Eli).

Also, like Echo said, regardless of clock management it's hard to win when you're giving up 30+ ppg.

This.

After a while, you stop wanting to hear excuses and start wanting to see results. Barely any of our draft picks over the past eight years have been difference-makers. That's not all injuries and bounces of the ball.

This.

After a while, you stop wanting to hear excuses and start wanting to see results. Barely any of our draft picks over the past eight years have been difference-makers. That's not all injuries and bounces of the ball.

Fwiw, the guy usually hits in the first and second round, but no one sticks with the team and that's a huge problem.

Fwiw, the guy usually hits in the first and second round, but no one sticks with the team and that's a huge problem.

Yeah that's true. I really think to have a competitive team, you need a hit in the first, and at least two to three starters after that who are with the team for four years. Reese hasn't done that very often. He'll give you a guy in the first and then a bunch of JAGs with "potential."

Also, his second rounders have been very hit or miss. Ruben Randle, Marvin Austin, and Clint Stintim were all pretty bad, but he does seem to be adequate in the 2nd.

This.

Or, hire me....I can get this team to 6-10, for alot less.

Or maybe JR is right....this is a loaded team, just need to find a better coach and then destroy whatever Brady Bunch Taboo Idol they've got hanging in the trainer's room.