SportsWrath

ALL ABOARD!

Sephiroth

Hearing Doug Marrone may be a candidate for a head coaching job. If we can get Jim Schwartz to be DC under Marrone sign me up for that bandwagon

Marrone couldnt do it in college and he couldnt do it in the NFL.

Not to mention he's a backstabbing hack who decided to take an out clause in his contract with the Bills trying to cash it in with another team, instead he had to settle as the OL coach for the Jags.

Hearing Doug Marrone may be a candidate for a head coaching job. If we can get Jim Schwartz to be DC under Marrone sign me up for that bandwagon

I think Reese is out of here in another year, so you need a coach to provide a stabilizing element like Coughlin did between Reese and According. Cowher is the man for the job.

Marrone couldnt do it in college and he couldnt do it in the NFL.

Not to mention he's a backstabbing hack who decided to take an out clause in his contract with the Bills trying to cash it in with another team, instead he had to settle as the OL coach for the Jags.

Marrone turned Syracuse around and he left Buffalo because he had problems with Whaley

Yeah I don't understand the Payton love. The guy looks great with Brees at QB but otherwise he's pretty average.

Idk with eli and OBJ he might be able to put something together. He almost has to have an elite QB or at least some good receivers because his defenses are so bad the offense has to score 40 just to win games. The Saints are dead last in just about every defensive statistic. Any HC worth his salt should no how to take over defensive duties enough to get the defense at least in the 20s some where. Year in year out our defense sucks, and not just sucks but embarassingly sucks. This year they are going to break their own record as the worst defense in the history of the NFL.

Then there is the drug thing. I think he is done coaching for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s what you’ll hear this week out of New York: Talk about Coughlin’s potential successor. Two come to mind. Bill Cowher, the former Pittsburgh Steelers coach, now working as an in-studio analyst at CBS CBS +0.00%, has been patiently biding his time, waiting for the Giants job to open. Cowher has told friends that he’s turned down other jobs just so he can return to football with the Giants. He’s that confident he’ll have a good shot to succeed Coughlin.

Forbes.