SportsWrath

ALL ABOARD!

Sephiroth

I'm ready for my picture to be on that band wagon, Seph.

It is 100% on the coaches, especially Coughlin, to have that team ready to play. I have never seen a team come out so flat and pathetic with so much on the line than today's Giants.

The stupid decision-making, piss poor playcalling, questionable preparation, but most importantly, the lack of response to adversity coming from these Giants are hallmarks of Coughlin's Giants over the past 5 years. It's no coincidence that they continue to miss the playoffs year after year.

Oh and why are we passing up 56 yard field goals to punt for a net of 18 yards? You might as well just go for it at that point. Josh Brown is 23/23 with 3/3 nailed from outside of 50. You give him that chance until he misses. Why is Dwayne Harris catching punts inside the freaking 3 yard line? Is no one telling him what, EXACTLY, to do? Why is Rueben Randle still getting the nod for huge, game changing, targets? Why isn't Odell Beckham Jr. EVER targeted inside the red zone? Did they not learn anything from the Saints game where he caught two touchdown passes, on exactly the same play? No one can stop that. Can we choose a running back and stay with him? Vereen got two carries and averaged 7.5 yards, then never saw the ball again. Why is Eli Manning still making terrible fucking decisions that make it way harder to win the game? Yeah, Vereen bobbled one but that was 3rd down and fucking 10....a 4 yard pass play is fucking useless! Why is the ball going there?! I could go on and on.

One thing this team has done so much of that I am sick of is throwing it short of the marker of third down. I don't see that shit as often with other teams when I watch, their reeivers go past the line on come backs, our go to the line then come back. This always seems to happen, thir and 6 and the WR runs 5 yards and stops. Or Eli throws a 3 yard pass to a RB.

It's just so frustrating as a fan when your team comes out with everything on the line and plays uninspired, disgusting football. The Redskins would have been, for all intents and purposes, dead in the water with a win. Now, they stand easily the best chance of WINNING the division. They get the Cowboys twice! The Giants will not beat the Jets, Vikings, or Panthers. That leaves Philly and Miami and if they played like they played today, they won't beat them, either.

Why do we have offensive lineman out for like 4 weeks with concussions and ankle sprains? Concussions are serious and all, but Jesus, can Pugh not remember his name or something?!

I'm ready for my picture to be on that band wagon, Seph.

It is 100% on the coaches, especially Coughlin, to have that team ready to play. I have never seen a team come out so flat and pathetic with so much on the line than today's Giants.

The stupid decision-making, piss poor playcalling, questionable preparation, but most importantly, the lack of response to adversity coming from these Giants are hallmarks of Coughlin's Giants over the past 5 years. It's no coincidence that they continue to miss the playoffs year after year.

Oh and why are we passing up 56 yard field goals to punt for a net of 18 yards? You might as well just go for it at that point. Josh Brown is 23/23 with 3/3 nailed from outside of 50. You give him that chance until he misses. Why is Dwayne Harris catching punts inside the freaking 3 yard line? Is no one telling him what, EXACTLY, to do? Why is Rueben Randle still getting the nod for huge, game changing, targets? Why isn't Odell Beckham Jr. EVER targeted inside the red zone? Did they not learn anything from the Saints game where he caught two touchdown passes, on exactly the same play? No one can stop that. Can we choose a running back and stay with him? Vereen got two carries and averaged 7.5 yards, then never saw the ball again. Why is Eli Manning still making terrible fucking decisions that make it way harder to win the game? Yeah, Vereen bobbled one but that was 3rd down and fucking 10....a 4 yard pass play is fucking useless! Why is the ball going there?! I could go on and on.

Hahaha! The circle is complete! We'll be laughing at the rest of the board when in two weeks they're like, "oh well, I think we should hire blah-blah-blah... maybe we should go after Cowher!"

Rest easy knowing that you're on the vanguard of greatness. There is no more room on the wagon.

However, I will note that there is probably room on the "hire Genius Chip Kelly" wagon.

Still no running game, so dink and dunk all year.

Exactly. Cowher will bring a strong running game, good two-way TEs, and... get this... actual, NFL caliber linebackers.

You should have hopped on the wagon when you had the chance. Now you'll be stuck hoping that "never did anything without Brees" Sean Payton is the coach next year.

It's just so frustrating as a fan when your team comes out with everything on the line and plays uninspired, disgusting football. The Redskins would have been, for all intents and purposes, dead in the water with a win. Now, they stand easily the best chance of WINNING the division. They get the Cowboys twice! The Giants will not beat the Jets, Vikings, or Panthers. That leaves Philly and Miami and if they played like they played today, they won't beat them, either.

Why do we have offensive lineman out for like 4 weeks with concussions and ankle sprains? Concussions are serious and all, but Jesus, can Pugh not remember his name or something?!

This strength and conditioning crew needs to be tossed out on their asses, too.

Seriously hope that Coughlin retires, and the rest, from Reese on down, should hit the fucking bricks.

Hahaha! The circle is complete! We'll be laughing at the rest of the board when in two weeks they're like, "oh well, I think we should hire blah-blah-blah... maybe we should go after Cowher!"

Rest easy knowing that you're on the vanguard of greatness. There is no more room on the wagon.

However, I will note that there is probably room on the "hire Genius Chip Kelly" wagon.

Sportswrath's very own clown car!

This strength and conditioning crew needs to be tossed out on their asses, too.

Seriously hope that Coughlin retires, and the rest, from Reese on down, should hit the fucking bricks.

Seems like every year Cough has been here except for 2 glorious ones, we get down to pulling guys off the street for one position or another. Linebacking, Defensive Backfield, Offensive Line....Don't know about Canton but he is definitely going into the American Medal Association Hall of Fame

Cowher will be taking over GM duties as well?

Cowher will demand that Reese gets Cowher's guys. This is Bill Fucking Cowher we're talking about, not lilly-livered Jim Harbaugh.

If Jerry Reese refuses ANYTHING Cowher wants, the latter will rip out JR's lungs faster than he can say, "athletic marvel who never put it all together in college."

I think taking one of the four guys out of the rotation would help the running game because none of them ever get into a groove when they go an entire quarter between rushes. We can start with the guy who gets less than 3 yards per carry

I think taking one of the four guys out of the rotation would help the running game because none of them ever get into a groove when they go an entire quarter between rushes. We can start with the guy who gets less than 3 yards per carry

Actually, I think you might have to take all four of them out of rotation then.

Not everyone can be Jerome Bettis, Willie Parker, and Barry Foster you know.

This is extremely asinine by the coaching staff. I get RB by committee but this is a whole other level.

Please, make this stop: The Giants gave the ball to four different running backs on their first three offensive series. Why? Does any other team operate this way? This is taking the running back-by-committee approach way too far. Rashad Jennings got the ball on the first play and gained five yards. Gee, isn’t that swell. The ball then went to Shane Vereen (gains of seven and eight) and then back to Jennings (gain of four). Things were moving nicely before Vereen played hot potato with a pass that turned into an interception. So, with Jennings and Vereen both running well, the Giants get the ball on their second series backed up on their 6-yard line and … no Jennings, no Vereen. It’s Andre Williams for a gain of two, then a loss of one. Third-and-9, predictable throwing situation, Manning interception. Why was it so urgent to get Williams on the field? Sure, he’s powerful, but he has never proven to be a great (or even good) move-the-chains runner. On the third offensive series, Orleans Darkwa is in the backfield and he gets the ball (gain of one). All four running backs have a rushing attempt, but none of them has been given the chance to establish any rhythm. Clearly, the coaching staff does not think any of the four is a complete running back, but this four-man rotation has gone on for too long, with lousy results.

Cowher will demand that Reese gets Cowher's guys. This is Bill Fucking Cowher we're talking about, not lilly-livered Jim Harbaugh.

If Jerry Reese refuses ANYTHING Cowher wants, the latter will rip out JR's lungs faster than he can say, "athletic marvel who never put it all together in college."

In that case, sign me up!

Hope it doesn't take him 14 years to win a Super Bowl with us

Maybe. But he also probably won't miss the playoffs half the seasons he coaches. Cowher went to the playoffs in 10 of 15 seasons.

If Reese stays on, Cowher is pretty much the only guy to do the job. He won with Maddox, Tomczak, and Kordell Stewart as his QBs... it's tough to imagine him not winning with Eli. Plus he turns water into wine and shits vanilla ice cream.

Who?

Reports are Sean Payton is out of NO come the end of the season if he wants.

Maybe a return to NY is in order if Coughlin decides to hang it up at the end of the year.

Yep, Payton is gone. Forget about Cowher and Gruden. They aint coming back. I try and tell the assholes over on the Saints board the same thing. Payton has a huge drug problem and everyone knows it. He was barely coherent in a few of his post game interviews earlier in the season. So bad the NFL had them taken down off of their sites. I like the Giants too much to wish Payton on them. And him and Spags aint exactly asshole buddies so then you would be looking for a new DC as well. Looks like the Giants may be planning that anyway. I really wish Harbaugh would decide college isnt for him.