SportsWrath

JPP Activated/ Beason to IR

Mr. P

Wow, Beason to IR.

Color me shocked. Can we please cut ties with this guy? We've gotten all the value we're going to get out of him based on the draft pick we gave up. It wasn't a bad trade, he at least played SOME games, but it's time to give up on the dude.

Color me shocked. Can we please cut ties with this guy? We've gotten all the value we're going to get out of him based on the draft pick we gave up. It wasn't a bad trade, he at least played SOME games, but it's time to give up on the dude.

Agreed.

I mean, I get it... the guy literally does everything you'd want out of a player, but at some point you need him to actually stay healthy.

Agreed. Good player. Good worth ethic. Very hard worker. Team player. Overall great guy. But just not able to be healthy - not at all. They should just part with Beason amicably. He should probably become an assistant coach or something - his NFL career might be over.

Agreed. Good player. Good worth ethic. Very hard worker. Team player. Overall great guy. But just not able to be healthy - not at all. They should just part with Beason amicably. He should probably become an assistant coach or something - his NFL career might be over.

I admit I liked the trade, and as Drizzle mentioned, against the value of a 7th round pick, he was a net positive value for the Giants.

But this is a great example of the value that Reese has placed on the linebacker position....a 7th round pick for Beason, a 5th round pick for Kennard, UDFA Unga, etc.

The result is the defense we have now....guys who struggle against good tight ends, and struggle bringing a 5 man rush. And I like Kennard and Unga, but this defense needs a fucking stud in the middle.

We've changed defensive coordinators in an attempt to address the defense....until Reese wakes up and realizes that linebacker versatility can turn a bad defense into a decent one, this franchise will continue to put all its eggs in a basket that can get blown up by a single M80 on the 4th of July.