SportsWrath

Giants To Re-Evaluate JPP in 6 Weeks

Mr. P

Fireworksblownupinhand-gate. Sick of it actually. Setting off fireworks is fun and he's young. I get. Really, I do. Accidents happen. I'm sure he didn't plan on losing a finger that day. But the whole thing was handled poorly after the fact. I'm actually glad it wasn't worse and that JPP decided to drag out signing the franchise tender or else there would be $14 million lost while he sat eating $5 foot longs watching the game.

The Giants have decided no way, so be it. Rescind the franchise offer, cut whatever losses you have to and let everybody move on. Fuck waiting 6 weeks. It's not going to be much better by then anyway.

Fireworksblownupinhand-gate. Sick of it actually. Setting off fireworks is fun and he's young. I get. Really, I do. Accidents happen. I'm sure he didn't plan on losing a finger that day. But the whole thing was handled poorly after the fact. I'm actually glad it wasn't worse and that JPP decided to drag out signing the franchise tender or else there would be $14 million lost while he sat eating $5 foot longs watching the game.

The Giants have decided no way, so be it. Rescind the franchise offer, cut whatever losses you have to and let everybody move on. Fuck waiting 6 weeks. It's not going to be much better by then anyway.

If he had already signed it they could have just put him on NFI list and wouldn't be paying him anyway.

And I think giants are handling it correctly, fuck rescinding it so if he can play this year he does for someone else.

If he can play let him sign it when he can. If he can't than oh well, carry the capspace over next year.

If he had already signed it they could have just put him on NFI list and wouldn't be paying him anyway.

And I think giants are handling it correctly, fuck rescinding it so if he can play this year he does for someone else.

If he can play let him sign it when he can. If he can't than oh well, carry the capspace over next year.

I didn't know he could have signed it and not gotten paid, but still dude, he's never going to be the same.

jpp_ani_small.gif

Had this discussion with someone yesterday because I have no idea how the cap works. I didn't know you could roll it over until next year and the Giants get money for every game he doesn't play in. Rescinding it now basically rewards him. If some type of trade came up, say with Chancellor(unlikely) then they would probably rescind it and get all that money at once

The fact that the Giants have the NFI in their pocket completely protects them. If they rescind the tender, JPP simply signs with someone else and we have rewarded him while not protecting our interests. Remember he can sign with anyone right now should he get an offer... Except that team would owe us 2 first round picks. Rescind the offer and that goes away. We have nothing to gain by rescinding.

The fact that the Giants have the NFI in their pocket completely protects them. If they rescind the tender, JPP simply signs with someone else and we have rewarded him while not protecting our interests. Remember he can sign with anyone right now should he get an offer... Except that team would owe us 2 first round picks. Rescind the offer and that goes away. We have nothing to gain by rescinding.

Nobody would give us 2 firsts if he had 11 fingers, never mind 9.

Nobody would give us 2 firsts if he had 11 fingers, never mind 9.

Yup that's my point. Without that protection maybe he is playing for Dallas or Philly during the playoff push, and we made that happen for no reason. You can only hurt yourself by rescinding the tag.

Well, looks like he's missing part of his thumb too

Jesus Christ... who the fuck holds an M-80 in their hand...? Obviously he has never seen one go off... a quarter stick of dynamite... well I don't hate on him... his is the one who will have to live with his idiocy the rest of his life...