SportsWrath

The Details of the Draft - dates, times, clock times, etc.

BleedinBlue

In case you don't know what, where, and when...here are the details

Where: Chicago, Illinois

Live Television coverage:

NFL Network (Mike Mayock hosts - former NFL player / safety with the New York Giants)

ESPN (Mel Kiper Jr. hosts - long time analyst, no professional football experience)

When: Thursday 4/30/2012 through Saturday 5/2/2012

The nitty gritty:

Round 1: Thursday, April 30th

8:00 PM EST

10 minute time-limit between picks.

----------------------------------------

Rounds 2,3 - Friday, May 1st

7:00 PM EST

7 minute time-limit between picks in round two.

5 minute time-limit between picks in round three.

-----------------------------------------

Rounds 4-7 - Saturday, May 2nd

12:00 NOON EST

5 minute time-limit between picks in round four through six.

4 minute time-limit between picks in round seven.

------------------------------------------

Giants' round-by-round selections

Round 1 (No. 9)

Round 2 (No. 40)

Round 3 (No. 74)

Round 4 (No. 108)

Round 5 (No. 144)

Round 6 (186)

Round 7 (No. 226)

Round 7 (No. 245, from Broncos for Brandon McManus)

---------------------------------

Giants needs: Safety, Offensive Lineman, Edge Rusher, Linebacker, Cornerback, Wide Receiver, Tight End, Running Back

I'll turn it on ~90 minutes in

I had said earlier in another post that there was 15 minutes between picks (I was obviously wrong) and figured about 10:00 for the Giants to be on the clock.....but if everyone takes their 10 minutes, it'd be about 9:30. The only thing though, is that I did that last year and was shocked when the Giants ended up picking 20 minutes earlier than I expected because the teams ahead of them didn't use the whole time allotted. You might want to keep that in mind. It would suck to turn on the TV only to find out the Giants made their pick already and we're at pick 12. Just a thought

I'm going to be watching the entire thing like it's game day. I'm going to pick up some beers, eat a bunch of food.

Same here. This is the Super Bowl of drafts and the biggest show since March Madness. I'm like a little kid who can't go to sleep on Christmas eve with the draft. One of the few things that still gets my blood circulating and gets me excited. I'll probably be sportin wood when the Giants are on the clock.

Im really Intrested to see where Winston goes. Who in the right mind can trust this guy? Will Chip move for his buys Mariotia ? Whos going to be the Top 10 team is going to select a 2nd rounder.

Winston is going to Tampa #1. I think there has been plenty of homework done on this guy and the Bucs feel comfortable with the pick. I think they really like his leadership ability, confidence, the fact he usually played his best when the game was on the line (he's a gamer), the arm strength, and ability to make NFL throws.

They think he's the right fit for that offense with Mike Evans and V-Jax. We'll see how it plays out... I think they should take Mariota but they probably know something I don't.

I have a strong feeling Mariota will be an Eagle.

I had said earlier in another post that there was 15 minutes between picks (I was obviously wrong) and figured about 10:00 for the Giants to be on the clock.....but if everyone takes their 10 minutes, it'd be about 9:30. The only thing though, is that I did that last year and was shocked when the Giants ended up picking 20 minutes earlier than I expected because the teams ahead of them didn't use the whole time allotted. You might want to keep that in mind. It would suck to turn on the TV only to find out the Giants made their pick already and we're at pick 12. Just a thought

I can record it jic.

I'm going to be watching the entire thing like it's game day. I'm going to pick up some beers, eat a bunch of food.

Pretty much, first week out of college and couldn't be happier, passed all my courses got diploma #1 and the draft is on?

Damn straight this is a good Thursday.

I will have to watch the top 10 picks, you know there will be a trade involved.

Yeah...I suspect more than one. I think the Eagles are trying to finagle a way to get Mariota and there are some desperate teams out there. Hopefully, they will overpay to move up for the 9th pick.

Fuck it ........ Staying up all night again ...... Midnight here ...... And many hours to go.

Go Giants

Do you have to work in the morning?

I never thought about the time difference in England. I was thinking how lucky the guys are on the West Coast because it will be early evening when the draft kicks off.