SportsWrath

Do they make asbestos body suits?

Sephiroth

the issue that has been debated itt is that he's playing badly.

Its implied he's playing poorly, but I've seen some Indianapolis games this year, and IMO Nicks is playing well - looks a lot better to me than he did in 2013. But he's the 3rd best receiver on a team with good receivers.

As for the 'best receiver' argument, I refer you to the original post in this thread....

and then it gets switched back to him not being the best wide receiver in the league, which nobody itt has argued against

Yes, someone has argued against it, and his name is Hakeem Nicks.

Maybe I'm reading too much into his comments, but I wonder if maybe now we have a bit more insight on why the Giants were willing to let him walk...

I don't know why this is being treated as some rare thing. Players show irrational confidence all the time and most players would answer that question the same way or not answer it at all.

Nicks isn't posting itt. I took issue with the sarcastic "on fire" remark and attributed it to lack of usage. Casually looking at yards out of context and saying "see he sucks" is some gmb shit and this forum is supposed to be better than that.

Hilton and Wayne are the established starters who knew the system and they deserve to start. We'll see who is the best or third best when one of them goes down and nicks actually gets some snaps.

I don't know why this is being treated as some rare thing. Players show irrational confidence all the time and most players would answer that question the same way or not answer it at all.

Nicks isn't posting itt. I took issue with the sarcastic "on fire" remark and attributed it to lack of usage. Casually looking at yards out of context and saying "see he sucks" is some gmb shit and this forum is supposed to be better than that.

Hilton and Wayne are the established starters who knew the system and they deserve to start. We'll see who is the best or third best when one of them goes down and nicks actually gets some snaps.

yeah, I'm not saying he sucks. I'm actually surprised he doesn't get more reps, he looks like a beast this year. I thought the Colts would be splitting their WR reps three ways. But I'm a fan, so what do I know... if the Colts think Wayne/Hilton gives them a better chance to win, then until proven otherwise I'm going to assume they know what they're doing.

But I'm not so sure that this degree of irrational confidence is all that common. Frequently you'll see comments to the effect of 'I want to be the best' and 'I'm working to be the best', but Nicks just did the full Sherman. And that does not sync up with the public image he cultivated in his time with the Giants, which is why I question if there's a little more about his personality to the decision to let him walk than it was injury history or work ethic, or any of the other largely theories that we fans have put out there.

I don't say this to crap on the guy... nobody that knows football ever thought Cruz was a better receiver on the field than Nicks. But Cruz got the contract. My reaction at the time was a big WTF, but since then we've seen a season in which Nicks played with no fire, and now this TO-esque 'I'm the greatest' bullshit?.... I don't think he's playing himself out of the league, but I am starting to wonder if he is talking himself out of the league.

Its been my experience that the Giants are a "Quiet" Company Team that spouts the Company line ...while expecting its fan base to take it in mostly verbatim. I prefer to believe my "lying" eyes than the Giants justifications. :P

your lying eyes are less likely to lie....

your lying eyes are less likely to lie....

:D Yeah man... I just think Nicks gotta raw deal here from the Company and the fan base... I mean some of us are treating him as if he were Ramses Barden rather than one of the big reasons why we won our last Super Bowl... :P

yeah, I'm not saying he sucks. I'm actually surprised he doesn't get more reps, he looks like a beast this year. I thought the Colts would be splitting their WR reps three ways. But I'm a fan, so what do I know... if the Colts think Wayne/Hilton gives them a better chance to win, then until proven otherwise I'm going to assume they know what they're doing.

But I'm not so sure that this degree of irrational confidence is all that common. Frequently you'll see comments to the effect of 'I want to be the best' and 'I'm working to be the best', but Nicks just did the full Sherman. And that does not sync up with the public image he cultivated in his time with the Giants, which is why I question if there's a little more about his personality to the decision to let him walk than it was injury history or work ethic, or any of the other largely theories that we fans have put out there.

I don't say this to crap on the guy... nobody that knows football ever thought Cruz was a better receiver on the field than Nicks. But Cruz got the contract. My reaction at the time was a big WTF, but since then we've seen a season in which Nicks played with no fire, and now this TO-esque 'I'm the greatest' bullshit?.... I don't think he's playing himself out of the league, but I am starting to wonder if he is talking himself out of the league.

A good cogent analysis... better than the usual the Giants let him go so he sucks stuff. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle...that or he diddled Kate Mara ... :o

very fair. i think most players have an irrational confidence that they are the best and that it serves them well in getting to the professional level. however, i definitely think nicks should've either passed on the question or answered it diplomatically. i agree that it isn't in line with his character--especially when you consider how often he took the high road when asked to respond to all the shit that was being said on record and leaked about him by the team last season. that said, i'd bet this looks a lot worse in the context of print than it did when he said it in front of a recording device

based on the tone of that article he sounds a little frustrated. he might be realizing that signing a one year deal with the colts instead of a multi-year deal in a different situation wasn't as easy as saying "hey we'll just run 11 packages all game with me lining up opposite wayne and hilton inside. i won't get doubled as much and i'll be playing with the best qb prospect since peyton manning. ca-ching" pep hamilton loves the run despite having a shitty starting running back and a fragile backup--loves it so much that he plays his 3rd TE about as much as he plays his 3rd wr. and then when luck does drop back he's spreading it around a lot. both wayne and hilton are top 10 in yards but are only each accounting for 23% of luck's league leading total yardage. compare that with their peers in the top 10: julio jones: 35%, jordy nelson: 45%, antonio brown 37%, steve smith 35%, even emmanuel sanders is at 34% and look who he's competing with. nobody spreads the ball around like luck: 7 guys had a catch yesterday. 9 last week, 9 the week before. he may have signed onto a situation where he can have a big postseason in the spotlight on a superbowl contender, but until one of those top two guys get hurt it doesn't appear it's a good situation to compile stats. he should've just went to carolina and got 130 targets on an 8-8 team

:D Yeah man... I just think Nicks gotta raw deal here from the Company and the fan base... I mean some of us are treating him as if he were Ramses Barden rather than one of the big reasons why we won our last Super Bowl... :P

hey give them a break it was a whole 3 years ago

A good cogent analysis... better than the usual the Giants let him go so he sucks stuff. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle...that or he diddled Kate Mara ... :o

lol, I'm guessing he wouldn't have been the first Giant to nail a Mara daughter.

very fair. i think most players have an irrational confidence that they are the best and that it serves them well in getting to the professional level. however, i definitely think nicks should've either passed on the question or answered it diplomatically. i agree that it isn't in line with his character--especially when you consider how often he took the high road when asked to respond to all the shit that was being said on record and leaked about him by the team last season. that said, i'd bet this looks a lot worse in the context of print than it did when he said it in front of a recording device

based on the tone of that article he sounds a little frustrated. he might be realizing that signing a one year deal with the colts instead of a multi-year deal in a different situation wasn't as easy as saying "hey we'll just run 11 packages all game with me lining up opposite wayne and hilton inside. i won't get doubled as much and i'll be playing with the best qb prospect since peyton manning. ca-ching" pep hamilton loves the run despite having a shitty starting running back and a fragile backup--loves it so much that he plays his 3rd TE about as much as he plays his 3rd wr. and then when luck does drop back he's spreading it around a lot. both wayne and hilton are top 10 in yards but are only each accounting for 23% of luck's league leading total yardage. compare that with their peers in the top 10: julio jones: 35%, jordy nelson: 45%, antonio brown 37%, steve smith 35%, even emmanuel sanders is at 34% and look who he's competing with. nobody spreads the ball around like luck: 7 guys had a catch yesterday. 9 last week, 9 the week before. he may have signed onto a situation where he can have a big postseason in the spotlight on a superbowl contender, but until one of those top two guys get hurt it doesn't appear it's a good situation to compile stats. he should've just went to carolina and got 130 targets on an 8-8 team

thats some good analysis Herc, nice work. IMO, that pretty much settles the argument on Nicks' stats this season.

I for one don't know where we'd find a WR to provide 95 yards after four games. Those kinds of guys don't just grow on trees.

Still scratching my head to figure out what happened to this dude's career.