SportsWrath

2013 Autopsy

JMFP

Two more games to suck, but really last week was the official end of our playoff hopes, and yesterday was just thrownig more dirt on the coffin.

I'm thinking the next 2 games will simply reinforce my perspective, below.....

First and foremost, I blame Reese. His perspective on this team was simply delusional. I can understand why alot of fans gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had his bases coverered ("In Reese We Trust".......RIP). Many, many fans were extremely concerned after going into the preseason. Outside of Pugh and Hankins, this draft was a complete head-scratcher to me. And considering that Hankins (and DaMontre Moore) hasn't seen much action this season, one can't help but conclude that this GM and coaching staff are clearly not on the same page. Exhibit A is David Wilson......a seemingly complete mismatch for this offense.

Coughlin: It's his coordinators......it's his team......he's responsible for getting them prepared, and several times this season, it looks like they are heading off to the slaughterhouse, not heading into battle. His coordinators (especially Gilbride) are running **** that hasn't worked since Game 1, and I've seen very little in the way of adjustments.

Gilbride.....next to Reese, he's the 2nd guy I'd blame. It's time for this guy to move on, and take his son with him. Maybe I'm just not bright enough to see it, but he's done nothing in my opinion to try to compensate for the garbage offensive line.

Fewell......Let me get this straight......in 2011, the defense looked tentative and downright lost at times. Veteran players approached him about simplifying the schemes, and as a result of that plus some guys getting healthy, the defense regained it's swagger and propelled them to a 2nd Super Bowl. Fast forward two years later, and the Giants are staring 0-6 in the face, and the veteran players are forced to stage a SECOND intervention to get him to simplify things. Turns out, it was too little, too late. The Giants defense has rebounded, thanks in large part to Reese FINALLY understanding the importance of middle lineabacker in a 4-3 Cover 2 system. But whatever, I'm done with this cat, too. This team will never have an agressive, gambling, swagger-filled defense because Fewell simply doesn't trust his player's instincts.

JPP......thanks for all the talk, thanks for screwing up your rehab timing.....I knew he was going to be a washout this season because of his mistimed surgery. I blame him, and the coaching staff, and our mediocre training/medical team.

BeatMe.......the thought of this guy being the future at left tackle gives me diarrhea.

Eli.......terrible season. Dude was forced to do it all this season thanks to this crappy roster.......unfortunately he did it all wrong.

Special teams......someone explain how Quinn keeps his job......is it his good looks?

Rest of the team.....everyone has managed to **** the dog are critical times this season. Very few signature performances. Pretty sad that our best player this season is Justin Tuck.....you'd think 10 years later Reese might have added someone to take the torch.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Quinn is a handsome sumbitch.

I know.....I curse him, and then they show a close up, and I find myself apologizing to the TV.

But ENOUGH!!!!! Fire him before I have to see his beautiful locks on TV again and lose my nerve.

Two more games to suck, but really last week was the official end of our playoff hopes, and yesterday was just thrownig more dirt on the coffin.

I'm thinking the next 2 games will simply reinforce my perspective, below.....

First and foremost, I blame Reese. His perspective on this team was simply delusional. I can understand why alot of fans gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had his bases coverered ("In Reese We Trust".......RIP). Many, many fans were extremely concerned after going into the preseason. Outside of Pugh and Hankins, this draft was a complete head-scratcher to me. And considering that Hankins (and DaMontre Moore) hasn't seen much action this season, one can't help but conclude thatthis GM and coaching staff are clearly not on the same page. Exhibit A is David Wilson......a seemingly complete mismatch for this offense.

Coughlin: It's his coordinators......it's his team......he's responsible for getting them prepared, and several times this season, it looks like they are heading off to the slaughterhouse, not heading into battle. His coordinators (especially Gilbride) are running **** that hasn't worked since Game 1, and I've seen very little in the way of adjustments.

Gilbride.....next to Reese, he's the 2nd guy I'd blame. It's time for this guy to move on, and take his son with him. Maybe I'm just not bright enough to see it, but he's done nothing in my opinion to try to compensate for the garbage offensive line.

Fewell......Let me get this straight......in 2011, the defense looked tentative and downright lost at times. Veteran players approached him about simplifying the schemes, and as a result of that plus some guys getting healthy, the defense regained it's swagger and propelled them to a 2nd Super Bowl. Fast forward two years later, and the Giants are staring 0-6 in the face, and the veteran players are forced to stage a SECOND intervention to get him to simplify things. Turns out, it was too little, too late. The Giants defense has rebounded, thanks in large part to Reese FINALLY understanding the importance of middle lineabacker in a 4-3 Cover 2 system. But whatever, I'm done with this cat, too. This team will never have an agressive, gambling, swagger-filled defense because Fewell simply doesn't trust his player's instincts.

JPP......thanks for all the talk, thanks for screwing up your rehab timing.....I knew he was going to be a washout this season because of his mistimed surgery. I blame him, and the coaching staff, and our mediocre training/medical team.

BeatMe.......the thought of this guy being the future at left tackle gives me diarrhea.

Eli.......terrible season. Dude was forced to do it all this season thanks to this crappy roster.......unfortunately he did it all wrong.

Special teams......someone explain how Quinn keeps his job......is it his good looks?

Rest of the team.....everyone has managed to **** the dog are critical times this season. Very few signature performances. Pretty sad that our best player this season is Justin Tuck.....you'd think 10 years later Reese might have added someone to take the torch.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

It's weird that you bring this up because I was just literally talking about this with my mom last night. She's a huge Giants fan and I said to her, "It's like Reese never talks to Coughlin to see if his picks will work with their coaching. They pick up Brandon Myers and then keep him in to block 60% of the time? They draft Ryan Nassib to 'use as trade bait' and then they don't play him when the season is over? He drafts DaMontre Moore and John Hankins and they ride the pine for the whole year? It's like one hand has no idea what the other is doing."

It's weird that you bring this up because I was just literally talking about this with my mom last night. She's a huge Giants fan and I said to her, "It's like Reese never talks to Coughlin to see if his picks will work with their coaching. They pick up Brandon Myers and then keep him in to block 60% of the time? They draft Ryan Nassib to 'use as trade bait' and then they don't play him when the season is over? He drafts DaMontre Moore and John Hankins and they ride the pine for the whole year? It's like one hand has no idea what the other is doing."

Seems to be a complete disconnect.

My opinion of Reese has been dropping quite a bit.