SportsWrath

Ryan Mundy/Justin Pugh

Allstarjim

I think the two best takeaways from this game was that we have two new starters on each side of the ball that appear to be legit.

For Mundy, other than blasting our best corner with helmet to helmet, he played a whale of a game, even without the INT. He was making great tackles in space, real good hits, and was good in coverage. Had a pass defensed and 6 tackles with the INT.

For Pugh, he played as good a RT than I've seen a Giant play since Kareem McKenzie. He was fantastic. I re-watched the game and this kid played great, very impressive given that this was his first regular season game, in Dallas, on national TV, a divisional opponent. He had to have felt the pressure and jitters, and even had D. Ware matched up with him several times and he stone-walled him. I was ecstatic with Pugh's play. Let's hope he keeps it up.

I was impressed with both as well. I have total confidence in Pugh having watched him the last 4 years. He didn't let anyone get to Nassib and hardly ever got a penalty in his entire career. He's super disciplined.

Mundy is a really nice surprise. He was looking stellar in pre-season as well. We got a winner there.

I was also happy with the interior of the defensive line - very happy with them.

Agreed !

Apart from one mistake in the 3rd Q when he nearly got Eli killed , I thought Pugh was excellent too.

Apart from the pathetic , indecisive attempt to get in to the end zone after the interception ( with loads of Giant blockers ) , wasting 4 valuable points , I also thought that Mundy looked very good too.