SportsWrath

Nicks

Bigblue25

Part of me realizes that this is voluntary but part of me also realizes that this is a 9-7 football team, too.

Players like Nicks are veterans now so sure, he probably doesn't NEED the reps....but what does it say to the rest of the team when your best wide receiver is taking naps all day (joke) and the other is bitching about a couple million dollars (not a joke)? These guys didn't play all that well last year, no one can argue that they did. So why the FUCK would you NOT show up to every single possible organized team activity that you could?

How'd that work out for him? Guy could have been a hall of famer.

I was actually trying to lighten up on the idea that it was not that big of a deal and that Giant fans only have to remember Shockey refusing no matter what year it was. But that said, I don't think Shockey would ever have been good enough to be a hall of famer. You need to be Tony Gonzalez/Jason Witten level and Shockey never reached those levels even in his best years. You need to be an outstanding tight end to be a hall of famer.

I was actually trying to lighten up on the idea that it was not that big of a deal and that Giant fans only have to remember Shockey refusing no matter what year it was. But that said, I don't think Shockey would ever have been good enough to be a hall of famer. You need to be Tony Gonzalez/Jason Witten level and Shockey never reached those levels even in his best years. You need to be an outstanding tight end to be a hall of famer.

This^...every time these guys take the field they risk being hurt and not being ready to play real games and/or ending their career. If they want these guys there then the next collective bargaining agreement they need to remove the word voluntary. Because in any dictionary I have come across voluntary does not equal compulsory... five to ten less catches are not going to make or break Eli's timing or lack thereof...