SportsWrath

How the Oakland Raiders destroyed their franchise!

BleedinBlue

As a franchise, you simply cannot make the kinds of mistakes that Oakland made regarding going after risky free agent acquisitions and trading an entire years worth of draft picks away for question marks. Not that Oakland has been very good at selecting players in the draft, regardless. JaMarcus Russel over Calvin Johnson looks especially dumb now. That set the franchise back several years. The Carson Palmer trade, as mostly everyone predicted, didn't turn out great, either...a Band-Aid to get them through a couple seasons with some dignity intact.

I must have been oblivious during the time when Gruden was "traded"....I had no idea you could trade your coach for draft picks.

As a franchise, you simply cannot make the kinds of mistakes that Oakland made regarding going after risky free agent acquisitions and trading an entire years worth of draft picks away for question marks. Not that Oakland has been very good at selecting players in the draft, regardless. JaMarcus Russel over Calvin Johnson looks especially dumb now. That set the franchise back several years. The Carson Palmer trade, as mostly everyone predicted, didn't turn out great, either...a Band-Aid to get them through a couple seasons with some dignity intact.

I must have been oblivious during the time when Gruden was "traded"....I had no idea you could trade your coach for draft picks.

They were not the only team who thought JaMarcus was the right pick. As far as Palmer goes, they ended up doing ok with him. Meaning in the end, it cost them a first.

Their management's problem was Al was around was he didn't value coaches. Now his son wants to prove so much he's not Al, that he is making his own mistakes. Amy Trask is a big loss for them.

Mark is definitely gutting the team from top to bottom. I read today that he fired the PR director for an article in SI showing him in poor light. If he's this trigger happy I don't think the Raiders are going anywhere good for a long time. Who doesn't write articles deriding Raider's management? it's easy pickings if you have a deadline and need a quick write.

Mark is definitely gutting the team from top to bottom. I read today that he fired the PR director for an article in SI showing him in poor light. If he's this trigger happy I don't think the Raiders are going anywhere good for a long time. Who doesn't write articles deriding Raider's management? it's easy pickings if you have a deadline and need a quick write.

Yeah when he sacked the previous coach just on JP...I figured he was a bit of a douche who watched too many renditions of Mutiny on the Bounty and fancied himself some sort of modern day Captain Bligh... :P

Old Al Davis was once a brilliant man. A great coach and one that manage to get the team to a Super Bowl. I'm guessing he knew his time on earth wasn't long and want to seek out glory on his way out. That's the only explanation I can think of.

I really hope this team get their shit together. No fan deserves this type of shit product. Well maybe the skins, cowgirls and Igle fans do.