SportsWrath

Here we go again - Cam Newton: "They didn't beat us, we beat .....blah, blah"

BleedinBlue

He started falling off, at the halfway point last year, he won ROY based on the first four games. He is a one read spread option QB.

The media loves these flashy QB's when they come out of college, but I fail to recall any that have won championships. Hell, is Vince Young even in the league anymore?

The media loves these flashy QB's when they come out of college, but I fail to recall any that have won championships. Hell, is Vince Young even in the league anymore?

No, and according to Fatcessa, he's broke and desperate to get back in the league.

I believe a team can beat themselves. Here's a scenario: Down by a point with a few seconds left on the clock about to kick a 47 yd field goal.......Wait, a flag is thrown....unsportsmanlike conduct is called on the offense, 15 yrd penalty.

Or, down by 5 with less than a minute on the clock and about to score a touchdown, the center hikes the ball over the head of the QB and the ball is recovered by the other team.

There's lots of ways to "beat yourself", but it's because of bonehead mistakes and penalties in a very close game. The Giants had 5 pnealties for 38 yds.....the Panthers had 3 penalties for 22 yds. The score was 36-7.....that is a straight out ass whuppin in any man's book, not a "beat yourself" game.

Teams usually do beat themselves. It's having class and taking your loss like a man.