SportsWrath

cruz is not in nicks' league

Herc

Cruz had a bad game but the entire team got caught with their pants down. If Cruz wasn't getting open I would be more concerned but there were plays to be made. He just didn't catch the ball. I think a little more focus is all that's needed. It was opening night and you hate to be down a game in the division already but let's see how they respond against Tampa before we attribute the struggles to any deep rooted problems.

it was a little frustrating because the cowboys were really shooting themselves in the foot and we couldn't capitalize. two of those drops were really bad drive killers. his game wouldn't have looked so bad though if the refs didnt drop the ball on that no-call PI call where he should've had a TD

I've been saying this for awhile now. Cruz is a very good receiver. Nicks is a great receiver. We don't win the Super Bowl without either of them, though.

A 9er fan was talking trash last night saying Nicks is not a great receiver and that we only think he is because we're Giants fans... admittedly he was louder and faster talking (I tend to conduct myself like an elder statesman thanks to the P&R section lol). When I told him Nicks had the best postseason of any WR in NFL history he was silent. He stated we got "lucky" because their guy fumbled... my response was "The game had a hell of a lot more plays than that one"... we even went to OT and "you guys couldn't close the deal". We ended up shaking hands.. I walked away knowing I was the defending SB champ :D

we did get lucky but the defenses were playing so well that whoever won the game was gonna do so by getting the first lucky bounce

that's usually how it goes when you have two good teams playing in a big game. You don't get to "be lucky" unless you're still playing and we shut out the Falcons and beat the Packers by almost 20 to get there.

that's usually how it goes when you have two good teams playing in a big game. You don't get to "be lucky" unless you're still playing and we shut out the Falcons and beat the Packers by almost 20 to get there.

i didn't mean it in a negative way. it just seemed like both offenses were completely outmatched by the end of that game and it would come down to who got the first big break

People who talk about that SF game being about luck ignore the fact that the Giants absolutely shut down the 49ers' offense in the 2nd half. They dominated the 49ers, who couldn't get anything going against the Giants' defense.

100% right. I've mentioned this before, too. I was pretty sure that the 9ers weren't going to score on our defense and Alex Smith was just awful that game....I was way more worried about our offense making a mistake that would lead to a short field and a field goal for them, turns out it would happen the other way around.

i didn't mean it in a negative way. it just seemed like both offenses were completely outmatched by the end of that game and it would come down to who got the first big break

I know I didn't take it like you were slighting them. My comment was more towards the argument people make trying to minimize the accomplishment.