SportsWrath

Our 4 Bad Boy Players to Watch

BleedinBlue

The Giants seem to be one of the only teams that can take players that nobody else will take because of personal problems (i.e., Bradshaw, Manningham, etc.) and turn them around.

Right now, there are 4 players on the roster that are impressing, each with bad boy backgrounds.

Safety Will Hill: the Star-Ledger Offensive Player of the year at St. Peters Prep school and up and coming star with the Florida Gators - but got his ass kicked off for violation of team rules - apparantly, got busted for smoking pot and was involved with prostitutes that brought legal issues to the school. Declared for the draft in his junior year. Expected to be an early to mid-round draft pick, but no one drafted him because of his background. No team even signed him as an undrafted free agent. He was crushed and took a look at his life and realizie he was a complete screwup and decided it was time to grow up and get his life right after spending a full year out of football with no interest from any team. Giants are giving him a shot this summer after the "long talk" with Reese and Coughlin. He's cut off his dread locks and has cut ties with old acquaintances and has gotten in shape. According to the writeups by those covering training camp, Will Hill has been spectacular making plays and has even been touted by Coughlin. Supposedly, he's also a monster on special teams. We shall see

WR Brandon Collins: kicked off Texas’ team after being charged with aggravated robbery and engaging in organized criminal activity — charges were dropped after a grand jury did not indict him. He went undrafted and could've been a mid-round pick if he had kept his nose clean. He was picked up by the Giants as an UDFA and he has made some fine plays at training camp.

Safety Janzen Jackson: reportedly failed drug tests, was arrested for armed robbery as a freshman at Tennessee (charges were later dropped) and was dismissed from the Vols’ program. He could have been a first round draft choice, but because of his legal issues and questionable character, went undrafted. Giants signed him as an UDFA after "the talk". Haven't heard much about him in training camp.

CB Jayron Hosley: the team’s third-round pick in April - failed a drug test at the NFL Scouting Combine. Most experts had him going earlier in the draft, but he was stupid and decided to smoke some pot before going to the combine. Since the Giants spent a high draft pick on him and he's under contract, he makes the team.

I have no idea if these guys will pan out, but they are all talented. It would seem to me that you'd want to keep these 4 guys from becoming best friends. Regardless, of the four guys, Will Hill seems to be getting most of the attention by the beat writers.

Yeah, reports on Hill are glowing. Hell, all of them sound good, none seem to be the typical UDFA camp fodder. With both Hill and Janzen Jackson playing well at camp, I think we've seen the last of Deon Grant.

If you're the Giants you can take a chance on these guys... if you're the Bengals.... well.....

I'm always entertained by the training camp reports, especially with what fans have been able to deduce.

There are only a few things training camp can tell you as far as I can tell: Who is hurt, who is practicing, and who isn't even there.

I'm always entertained by the training camp reports, especially with what fans have been able to deduce.

There are only a few things training camp can tell you as far as I can tell: Who is hurt, who is practicing, and who isn't even there.

Me too, but I'm so starved for football by this time of year that I always read every one I can find.

I saw one the other day where the guy deduced that the long snapper was wistful for his days at linebacker. WTF?

But if you get a bunch of reports together, sift through the bull shit, the fan reports for me are easily as useful as the beat writer reports.

Me too, but I'm so starved for football by this time of year that I always read every one I can find.

I saw one the other day where the guy deduced that the long snapper was wistful for his days at linebacker. WTF?

But if you get a bunch of reports together, sift through the bull shit, the fan reports for me are easily as useful as the beat writer reports.

I'm with you on that. I want as much information as possible and am starved for information. There are no less than 50 good sites that cover the Giants and they are virtually all the same, just a different format. As soon as a story breaks in one of them, five minutes later it's on every other site. Hence the reason I started this thread....at least it's something different than the cookie cutter stories on all other sites.

I want meat! Not toffu! And not "injury reports", but real analysis of the kids trying to make the team.