SportsWrath

Redskins and cowboys fucked by NFL!!!!!!

osi724dasack

Anyways, the skins have a huge need at WR

I believe they would have signed Jackson or Manningham

If they didn't get fucked so hard.

This definately hurts the skins a ton. But it doesn't make them

Operate with some

Fiscal responsibility which is something they've been missing.

Washington and Fiscal Responsibility. Jim, meet me at the P&R section at zero 200 hours :smartass:

This...

the more I thought about it, the worse I realized it'd be for Redskins. With rookie wage scale in place and a salary cap that didn't increase all that much, teams are pressed more and more to get contributions out of their draft picks. Building through free agency is more and more difficult while still managing your cap. So, with the Redskins screwing themselves pretty hard cap-wise AND mortgaging so many draft picks to presumably get RG3...they may have hurt themselves more than many realize.

With Dallas, the number is significantly easier to deal with and with them having their draft picks, there's just slightly more pressure for their draft class to perform well. But the Redskins are much, much worse off.

By mortgaging their top draft picks they may have made it very difficult upon themselves. They basically won't be able to do much now in FA and have to hope they have good draft classes. I wonder if this had come earlier if they still would have made the draft trade?

My bet is law suits are on the way. Penalize a team a few hours before free agency and don't even tell them about it, let them hear about it through news reports? They haven't even officially notified either the Cowboys or Redskins what the actual cap is.

What about the lower revenue teams that spent much less that they would have been allowed to during the cap? What about the other teams that did the same thing but to a lesser extent?

Also, nothing about this was in writing so what rule was broken?

I think the Cowboys and Redskins have a pretty big legal case and this thing was handled about as poorly as it could be by Goodell. Looks like there may even be a little back tracking because the official word from the NFL is that no cap figures have been officially handed out to teams.

Weird way of handing down a penalty. http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/13/teams-await-cap-penalties-levied-against-boys-skins/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Don't think it will hold up very well in court.

The league has yet to alert NFL teams of the specific cap penalties to Dallas and Washington, according to league sources.

Teams were sent a memo, however, saying that the NFL Management Council and the NFL Players Association entered into an arrangement on March 11 that resulted in $1.643 million in additional cap space being awarded to every team except for Dallas, Washington, New Orleans and Oakland.

The other 28 teams must notify the NFL by 4 p.m. ET Tuesday, whether they are taking that cap credit in 2012 or using it toward 2013.

NFL executives anticipate that penalized teams must notify the league of how much of the penalty they will assume in 2012 by the 4 p.m. deadline, as well, though that was not stipulated in the memo.

The NFL is not addressing additional questions around the cap penalties beyond the statement released to the media Monday.

http://espn.go.com/n...lions-cap-space

Link in case anyone wanted to actually read the article. It does say that they have to take the hit over the next two years however they see fit. So it's possible they don't take any hit this year and pay the piper in full next offseason.

Laughing at the Redskins...36 million...even if split evenly over two years, that's 15% of a 120 million cap. Wonder if they knew this prior to trading away all the 1st round picks to get Griffin III?

EDIT: Nas sucks... :P

They can put it off until next year....its not like they'll have a first round pick in the next decade to spend that dough on anyway.

C. Wagon