SportsWrath

Redskins and cowboys fucked by NFL!!!!!!

osi724dasack

Cowboys punished $10 million and Redskins punished $37 million on there salary caps!!!!!!!!!

Yea!!!!

This means all other teams will have increased cap room except the saints and raiders!!!

They were punished for front loading contracts during the uncapped year!!!

Yes!!!

From mike Francessa

http://espn.go.com/n...lions-cap-space

Link in case anyone wanted to actually read the article. It does say that they have to take the hit over the next two years however they see fit. So it's possible they don't take any hit this year and pay the piper in full next offseason.

Laughing at the Redskins...36 million...even if split evenly over two years, that's 15% of a 120 million cap. Wonder if they knew this prior to trading away all the 1st round picks to get Griffin III?

EDIT: Nas sucks... :P

http://espn.go.com/n...lions-cap-space

Link in case anyone wanted to actually read the article. It does say that they have to take the hit over the next two years however they see fit. So it's possible they don't take any hit this year and pay the piper in full next offseason.

Laughing at the Redskins...36 million...even if split evenly over two years, that's 15% of a 120 million cap. Wonder if they knew this prior to trading away all the 1st round picks to get Griffin III?

EDIT: Nas sucks... :P

lol.. I don't think this is a factor when it comes to RG3 trade... I think the skins would take the hit this year or as much as they can... they know this will be RG's rookie year and not much will happen.

So we still need to make some room for rookies and filler. Maybe a starter or two via f/a. We need more room

Either way.

Maybe an Osi trade is in The works, that would save around $3.8 mill and put us$6.1 under which should be enough.

There was a no-cap year during which teams were not supposed to front load contracts. Skins did to a large extent. Cowboys did to a lesser extent.

Skins essentially have to pay back 36 million via reduced cap. So, if they're 36 million under this season, and carry none of it forward to next, they've paid their debt. OR, they can be 18 million under this year and 18 million under next year. Redskins will almost surely lose out on FAs as a result and will ultimately struggle to surround Griffin with weapons since they've mortgaged more than a few draft picks.

For Cowboys, the number is only 10 million, but still a big hit.

The Redskins fucked the redskins.

This...

the more I thought about it, the worse I realized it'd be for Redskins. With rookie wage scale in place and a salary cap that didn't increase all that much, teams are pressed more and more to get contributions out of their draft picks. Building through free agency is more and more difficult while still managing your cap. So, with the Redskins screwing themselves pretty hard cap-wise AND mortgaging so many draft picks to presumably get RG3...they may have hurt themselves more than many realize.

With Dallas, the number is significantly easier to deal with and with them having their draft picks, there's just slightly more pressure for their draft class to perform well. But the Redskins are much, much worse off.

This...

the more I thought about it, the worse I realized it'd be for Redskins. With rookie wage scale in place and a salary cap that didn't increase all that much, teams are pressed more and more to get contributions out of their draft picks. Building through free agency is more and more difficult while still managing your cap. So, with the Redskins screwing themselves pretty hard cap-wise AND mortgaging so many draft picks to presumably get RG3...they may have hurt themselves more than many realize.

With Dallas, the number is significantly easier to deal with and with them having their draft picks, there's just slightly more pressure for their draft class to perform well. But the Redskins are much, much worse off.

My guess is they knew this shit was gonna hit the fan when the made the trade. I'm betting they're basically throwing this season and even the next and will come out of this in a very good shape in 2014.. 2015 by then RG3 is a vet and they will be ready to take off.

My guess is they knew this shit was gonna hit the fan when the made the trade. I'm betting they're basically throwing this season and even the next and will come out of this in a very good shape in 2014.. 2015 by then RG3 is a vet and they will be ready to take off.

They have that potential with RG3 and Helu. But I think you're assuming that the rest of the team will remain the same until then. The veterans who are on the team now will all be 3 years further in their careers too, without much ability afforded to the Redskins to replace/upgrade talent that falls off.

IF the Redskins can find a couple of starters, just 2 or 3 solid guys in the later rounds of this year and next...it'll ease the transition to RG3 greatly. Otherwise, it'd be a lot of potential wasted for more than a few players.

They have that potential with RG3 and Helu. But I think you're assuming that the rest of the team will remain the same until then. The veterans who are on the team now will all be 3 years further in their careers too, without much ability afforded to the Redskins to replace/upgrade talent that falls off.

IF the Redskins can find a couple of starters, just 2 or 3 solid guys in the later rounds of this year and next...it'll ease the transition to RG3 greatly. Otherwise, it'd be a lot of potential wasted for more than a few players.

The redskins have been solid and always played tough... my guess is they will focus on the guys who will be there long term and keep those. I think they take this financial hit this year and will be in a much better shape after it's all over. I'm not panicking and I think we have a keeper in Eli for the next 7 to 9 years assuming he stays healthy. Our challenge will be to keep our D up to speed which makes the LB position that much more imperative to upgrade.

Anyways, the skins have a huge need at WR

I believe they would have signed Jackson or Manningham

If they didn't get fucked so hard.

This definately hurts the skins a ton. But it doesn't make them

Operate with some

Fiscal responsibility which is something they've been missing.