SportsWrath

The answer is yes... Perry Fewell saved his job

Allstarjim

And we can only hope that the last few weeks marked a permanent shift to the more aggressive defense we've seen.

There is also a chance that Fewell gets a HC offer... that was a dominant performance in a high profile game. If this defense performs like they did against Atlanta in Green Bay, then expect Perry to at least get some interviews in the offseason. It does look as though Fisher will be the new guy in St. Louis, and Crennell has already been named the head ball coach in KC. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that leaves only the Bucs, Jaguars, and Dolphins as the remaining vacancies. It looks like the circus will go on with Rex and the Jets, and Chan Gailey will get more than one year to turn it around in Buffalo. Norv Turner will return in San Diego (Alex Spanos and A.J. Smith must be gluttons for punishment), and Jim Caldwell seems to have survived the regime change in Indy (for now).

Perhaps our chances of Spags returning to the Giants staff rests with the Jags, Dolphins, or Bucs giving Perry the head coaching gig.

IF he has really turned a corner, though, and he has learned from his ways, then I wouldn't mind him back for next season.

If we keep seeing what we saw against Atlanta, I'd not mind keeping Fewell at all. The problem is, I'm not overly confident that we'll continue to see that or that we'll see it consistently.

I think if we were to get blown out against GB, it could undo the good the Atlanta win has done.

With the HC jobs filled and those to be filled, you'd think that Spags is going to get a DC offer somewhere before we'd finish the season.

Well we'll see. There's only been two vacancies filled so far, right? One being Fisher in St. Louis, and Spags isn't going back there, and the other is Crennel in KC, and I would expect someone to join Romeo Crennel who has closer ties to him than Spagnuolo. In fact, there might not be anyone from outside taking that DC job, because he was the DC, and it's a good bet he'll promote someone in his staff already or whoever was filling that role while he was the interim coach to full time DC. There are rumors that Chiefs linebackers coach Gary Gibbs could be the DC, or Crennel will just run the defense himself.

In Jacksonville, the owner wants to keep Mel Tucker and that entire defensive staff, regardless of who the new coach is, so that's one less landing spot for Spags. I do think he'll land somewhere, and we'll see with the movement of other DC's filling positions elsewhere what vacancies that causes, but I think there's a pretty good chance Spags will still be a commodity by this time next week or even the week after.

If the defense performs well this week he deserves to keep his job. Hell, a shutout at home in the playoffs is pretty convincing on it's own especially when you stack that on top of the Jet and Cowboy games. I'm very quick to forgive if you turn it around and start getting the job done.

Yeah, we'll have to wait and see how the coaching carousel shakes out.

Us fans are not only quick to forgive, but we're also very quick to un-forgive. I think that the ending of the season and the playoff win saves Fewell for next year (unless he's given a HC position, which I don't see happening). But, if GB kicks our ass 6 ways to Sunday this weekend because of some questionable defense - then he's right back in the spotlight for getting replaced.

Regardless, if a change is desired, replacing Fewell with Spags would be A O K with me.