SportsWrath

Draft rumor

parlintm

Dont know how accurate this is, or if its just speculation but its an interesting thought.

25. Houston Texans TRADE (from NY Giants)...OT Eric Winston (Miami-Florida)....The Giants just signed Lavar Arrington and have a big need at the DT position but none are worthy here...Houston wants to leapfrog the Jets to take Winston and send the Giants their fourth and sixth round picks for the switch...Giants Gm Accorsi sees Santana Moss as a younger version of Steve Smith and will take him if he's available in Houston's spot..if not...a DT like Gabe Watson is a possibility.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html

Im more interested with the trade itself than the actually pick of Moss. Id much rather take Watson than moss there. Although, Id ideally like to trade down further and get try to get a third rounder.

The Texans 2nd-33rd overall, 4th-98th overall, and 6th-170 overall arent enough for that 25th pick. Im also assuming he meant Sinorice Moss not Santana.

Going by a draft pick value chart our 25th overall pick is worth 720 points. The 33rd= 580, the 98th= 108, and the 170th= 24. The Texans draft picks they are willing to send are valued at 712 total points. They wouldnt even meet our picks worth. Is 8 points something to squabble about? Yea. In order for us to trade back they need to go out and beyond our picks worth, so its worth it for us to trade back. They want the trade they are going to have to come get it, we wouldnt do that deal because we could do much better. The Texans have two 3rd round picks they will have to seperate from one of those.

In 2004 the Cowboys traded out of the first from the 22nd pick. The Bills gave a 2nd, a 5th, and their 2005 first round pick.

Edited by Pizan

Dont know how accurate this is, or if its just speculation but its an interesting thought.

25. Houston Texans TRADE (from NY Giants)...OT Eric Winston (Miami-Florida)....The Giants just signed Lavar Arrington and have a big need at the DT position but none are worthy here...Houston wants to leapfrog the Jets to take Winston and send the Giants their fourth and sixth round picks for the switch...Giants Gm Accorsi sees Santana Moss as a younger version of Steve Smith and will take him if he's available in Houston's spot..if not...a DT like Gabe Watson is a possibility.

Im more interested with the trade itself than the actually pick of Moss. Id much rather take Watson than moss there. Although, Id ideally like to trade down further and get try to get a third rounder.

Thats something that could work for us.

Don't know how accurate this is, or if its just speculation but its an interesting thought.

We don't need a WR at all. How many people does Manning need to throw too? A DT is a much bigger need than a useless WR.

The Texans 2nd-33rd overall, 4th-98th overall, and 6th-170 overall arent enough for that 25th pick. Im also assuming he meant Sinorice Moss not Santana.

Going by a draft pick value chart our 25th overall pick is worth 720 points. The 33rd= 580, the 98th= 108, and the 170th= 24. The Texans draft picks they are willing to send are valued at 712 total points. They wouldnt even meet our picks worth. Is 8 points something to squabble about? Yea. In order for us to trade back they need to go out and beyond our picks worth, so its worth it for us to trade back. They want the trade they are going to have to come get it, we wouldnt do that deal because we could do much better. The Texans have two 3rd round picks they will have to seperate from one of those.

In 2004 the Cowboys traded out of the first from the 22nd pick. The Bills gave a 2nd, a 5th, and their 2005 first round pick.

Which is why their GM was fired.

That trade sucks. Besides, we need Eric Winston more than a 4th and 6th rounder. How exactly is Accorsi planning on drafting SANTANA Moss?

I'm not so high on Eric Winston...I saw a bunch of Miami games last year, and maybe he's not 100% from his knee injury, but I don't see him being an upgrade over Luke Petitgout.

The only way I'd like to see us draft an OT is if Winston Justice somehow falls to #25, or if Darren Colledge or Jon Scott is available in the second round, though those scenario's aren't looking too likely.

I'm not so high on Eric Winston...I saw a bunch of Miami games last year, and maybe he's not 100% from his knee injury, but I don't see him being an upgrade over Luke Petitgout.

The only way I'd like to see us draft an OT is if Winston Justice somehow falls to #25, or if Darren Colledge or Jon Scott is available in the second round, though those scenario's aren't looking too likely.

If it is the 18th pick and Justice is around we got to trade up for him no way would he make it past the Bucs at 23

then again there isnt really a chance of this happining so i dont know why i am typing

If it is the 18th pick and Justice is around we got to trade up for him no way would he make it past the Bucs at 23

then again there isnt really a chance of this happining so i dont know why i am typing

This is from an article I posted yesterday...

http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/525377.html

NFL Draft: Prospect and Player News

By: TFY Draft Preview

Date: Apr 28, 2006

"Earlier last month we spoke about an insecure attitude by Winston Justice which was being labeled as a "humble personality". We have learned that has changed.

Several franchises were completely turned off by what they called "complete immaturity" on behalf of Justice. Source have labeled him as a "blamer" who does not take personal responsibility. Factor in off-the-field issues which includes an arrest for solicitation and at least two teams in the middle of round one have said they will not select Justice even if he is available."

Edited by Barens

This is from an article I posted yesterday...

http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/525377.html

NFL Draft: Prospect and Player News

By: TFY Draft Preview

Date: Apr 28, 2006

"Earlier last month we spoke about an insecure attitude by Winston Justice which was being labeled as a "humble personality". We have learned that has changed.

Several franchises were completely turned off by what they called "complete immaturity" on behalf of Justice. Source have labeled him as a "blamer" who does not take personal responsibility. Factor in off-the-field issues which includes an arrest for solicitation and at least two teams in the middle of round one have said they will not select Justice even if he is available."

well if he gets by the bills the next fit would prob be Arizona but they will go with cutler dallas might take him but doubtful so he might have a chance of making it to 18ish