SportsWrath

Is this the Best WR Combo in Giants History?

JackStroud

Is this the Best WR Combo in NY Giants History?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the Best WR Combo in NY Giants History?

• Yes, by far
    • No Phill Simms Group with McConkey etc was better
    • No going wayyyyyy back Charley Conerly's group w/Kyle Rote
    • Nicks, Manningham, Smith
    • Plax, Toomer, and Smith

I cannot remember a more dangerous threesome than Nicks, Manningham, and Cruz.....what is hillarious as this is where all the "Experts" thought we were lacking before the start of the season....LOL

This only re-confirms my belief that a lot of teams "play the payroll" and do not give talented new guys a chance

For, Instance if Scott were unleashed we might be leading the league in rushing rather than trailing it. :confused:

My guess is with 2 thirds of the season left the Broncos will make the playoffs now that the boneheads have finally let Tim Tebow be Tim Tebow

New talent only arrives under Coughlins geratric thinking when injuries force him to it

Actually if anything all the experts said thanks to last season as well that the WRs were one of the strongest points of the Giants this year.

If anything that said the O-line and RBs were suspect....and they are.

Best in Giants history? One of the best anyways, I still think Plax/Smith/Toomer had more threat to it since you know they got us to the SB.

Tebow wont win games for the Broncos either, face it he's playing for the Broncos and hasnt shown much in all honesty outside of a desire to get better which is lacking in todays NFL.

yeah he hasnt shown too much...........in his only half of play so far his year he led them back from a 21 pt deficit

to be a tipped ball away from winning

where were you expecting him to show much other than the half he played

were you expecting him to play better texas hold'em in the locker-room

win a punt pass and kick contest in Japan?

Do they have broadcast TV in Canada or are you listening in on a crystal radio set you bought from Heathkit? :confused:

all you heard down here was one legged Smith not being signed would kill us

We should have signed 48 yr old Plaxico Gunslinger........Boy are the Jets ever paying for that boneheaded move

The Broncos stink Jack. Tebow will make his share of plays but as far as being an NFL caliber passer, he has a long way to go.

Regarding the receivers, yeah I think the Giants group is definitely among the best in the league and certainly in the discussion for the most talented in Giants history. Nicks is already a star and Cruz has shown plenty of playmaking ability, though I do think he needs to play a little more under control and try not to do too much at once. Manningham will get back in the mix too. Unfortunately, a flashy receiving corps doesn't win you a whole lot of games. The inability to run or stop the run will prevent this team from being anything but mediocre until those issues are fixed.

yeah he hasnt shown too much...........in his only half of play so far his year he led them back from a 21 pt deficit

to be a tipped ball away from winning

where were you expecting him to show much other than the half he played

were you expecting him to play better texas hold'em in the locker-room

win a punt pass and kick contest in Japan?

Do they have broadcast TV in Canada or are you listening in on a crystal radio set you bought from Heathkit? :confused:

Once again Jack has to resort to insult.

Sorry Jack when this kid plays a full season I'll make a judgement call on him you know not just make half assed assessments after the total of four games he's played in.

But you probably think I'm calling him bad since you fail to read anything anyone posts, which I never once said. Just that he is still unproven wait until he finished off a season and then I'll make a call on him.

Or wait are you judging his success against 3rd string nobodies who arnt even in the NFL anymore like your new man crush Perrilloux?

Tebow can beat you with his legs.........and hes very stocky, a QB version of Maurice Jones-Drew so injuries are not a factor

all this 48% passing percentage is BS...........too small a sample.....when Eli was throwing for 48% everyone was raving about him BTW

His scrambling makes him the perfect Fran Tarkenton look alike

I'd love to hear Fran chime in after Tebow's played a bit and compare himself

Tarkentton could beat you single handed..........his ability to move, and reset his feet allowed him to wait until his target was completely wide open

Fran threw for for 47,000 yds and 380 TDs sits in the HOF in Canton............he played on absolutely awful Giants teams and still won more than half the time

I expect Tebow before he's done will sit right besides Fran

you cannot imagine how pissed I was when Wellington Loser sent him back to Minn

Once again Jack has to resort to insult.

Sorry Jack when this kid plays a full season I'll make a judgement call on him you know not just make half assed assessments after the total of four games he's played in.

But you probably think I'm calling him bad since you fail to read anything anyone posts, which I never once said. Just that he is still unproven wait until he finished off a season and then I'll make a call on him.

Or wait are you judging his success against 3rd string nobodies who arnt even in the NFL anymore like your new man crush Perrilloux?

Yeah I gotcha.......Perriloux sucks too based upon his huge NFL body of work

I got news for you pal........based upon what I saw Perriloux could step in right now and be better than half the starters in the NFL

The Giants Conservatory does not want real competition for Eli the Enigma......love him when hes on........then comes the inevitable brain fahrt

Tebow can beat you with his legs.........and hes very stocky, a QB version of Maurice Jones-Drew so injuries are not a factor

all this 48% passing percentage is BS...........too small a sample.....when Eli was throwing for 48% everyone was raving about him BTW

His scrambling makes him the perfect Fran Tarkenton look alike

I'd love to hear Fran chime in after Tebow's played a bit and compare himself

Tarkentton could beat you single handed..........his ability to move, and reset his feet allowed him to wait until his target was completely wide open

Fran threw for for 47,000 yds and 380 TDs sits in the HOF in Canton............he played on absolutely awful Giants teams and still won more than half the time

I expect Tebow before he's done will sit right besides Fran

you cannot imagine how pissed I was when Wellington Loser sent him back to Minn

Once again Jack you can sit here an speculate all you want about Tebow, honestly alot of people do it with players.

I'll wait and see what Tebow does with a team under him after a season, right now I think he's still inexperienced and raw. Am I saying he wont get better? No but you will probably think that since you fail to comprehend basic reading. Do I think he will be a HoFer like you do? No, but at this point in time it's to hard to tell. He's played a total of four games starting I think it is and has gotten acouple wins and some losses.

Maybe if the Broncos can improve around him he will become this magical player like you are talking about but as of right now he is an unproven QB taken the reigns of a really shitty Denver team.

I hope he does well, personally I like the guy seems like a class act and a willingness to say "Hey I sucked coming out of college so I'm going to do everything I can to show I can be a NFL QB"

I don't know--the 1963 team had 36 passing TDs in 14 games. That's not exactly pedestrian, especially in that era. I know I wouldn't mind seeing Del Shofner in a live game.

That's not taking anything away from the current group, who have the potential to be the most potent group I've seen with this team in the entire time I've watched. I felt this way with Nicks/Smith/Manningham as well.

Yeah I gotcha.......Perriloux sucks too based upon his huge NFL body of work

I got news for you pal........based upon what I saw Perriloux could step in right now and be better than hal the starters in the NFL

The Giants Conservatory does not want real competition for Eli the Enigma......love him when hes on........then comes the inevitable brain fahrt

Listen Jack not talking ill of Perriloux but the guy was released for what 2-3 weeks before picking him back up, he was on the open market for any GM any single one of the 32 GMs in the league to pick him up and not a single one did.

Why do you think that is? Obviously every team has a scouting department watching game film of every player on the free market, why did he get not one single offer to play for another team?

Is it because the defining quality of a starting NFL QB is to tear up no bodies who are now working at the local grocery store?

Once again Jack you can sit here an speculate all you want about Tebow, honestly alot of people do it with players.

I'll wait and see what Tebow does with a team under him after a season, right now I think he's still inexperienced and raw. Am I saying he wont get better? No but you will probably think that since you fail to comprehend basic reading. Do I think he will be a HoFer like you do? No, but at this point in time it's to hard to tell. He's played a total of four games starting I think it is and has gotten acouple wins and some losses.

Maybe if the Broncos can improve around him he will become this magical player like you are talking about but as of right now he is an unproven QB taken the reigns of a really shitty Denver team.

I hope he does well, personally I like the guy seems like a class act and a willingness to say "Hey I sucked coming out of college so I'm going to do everything I can to show I can be a NFL QB"

I think you missed my whole point about Takenton and Tebow........the way they play they can make any 10 joes look good.

Tarkenton won with players who could not make a replacement team. Tebow is a winner.......you will never see him make the boneheaded plays Eli and Lurch make/made...........McNabb was a similar player but did not make good decisions

Even the great Joe Montana was comparable.......Joe did not have a strong arm........great feet, and great decision making

I hear all this BS about tebow's arm but every time I see him throw it, it looks damm good

I think you missed my whole point about Takenton and Tebow........the way they play they can make any 10 joes look good.

Tarkenton won with players who could not make a replacement team. Tebow is a winner.......you will never see him make the boneheaded plays Eli and Lurch make/made...........McNabb was a similar player but did not make good decisions

Even the great Joe Montana was comparable.......Joe did not have a strong arm........great feet, and great decision making

I hear all this BS about tebow's arm but every time I see him throw it, it looks damm good

Once again Jack all that you said is pure speculation about Tebow.

I'll wait and see what he does after a season before claiming him to "never make a mistake" and "Tebow is a winner"

Listen Jack not talking ill of Perriloux but the guy was released for what 2-3 weeks before picking him back up, he was on the open market for any GM any single one of the 32 GMs in the league to pick him up and not a single one did.

Why do you think that is? Obviously every team has a scouting department watching game film of every player on the free market, why did he get not one single offer to play for another team?

Is it because the defining quality of a starting NFL QB is to tear up no bodies who are now working at the local grocery store?

I think thats because GM's are tone deaf to QBs..........they only get a good one when they get lucky

if you look at the history of high QB drafts the scene is littered with Ryan Leaf's

Perriloux is MY choice...........I dont give a rats ass about what miami thinks.......apparently the Giants feel confident in moving him on and off the practice squad......had we not had soooooooooooooooooooooo many injuries I'm sure Perriloux would not be moved so often

By the way Jack this is the first time I think you have ever had a civil argument on the forums with anyone.

Good going, glad we could actually talk to each other without you going off on an insult tangent.

Finally got threw to you :TU: Maybe I can start seeing why you make so many threads.

I didnt mean watch literaly, I meant watch his Won loss and QB rating

I'll bet by years end he will have a QB rating better thaan Eli, and in the top 5.........his team will finish 8-8

what are they now 1-4? meaning he will win 7 and losse 4

I do not see Tebow as an INT machine nor a fumbler..........you say he needs to learn

to read D's perhaps but hes a very very intelligent savvy guy

He could teach Eli and Romo a few things about taking care of the Pill

I can see Denver winning a SB in 2-3 yrs under Fox and Tebow

Fox knows how to build a strong running game, and hes from the Parcells school of big fast athletes..........he will draft those types

Fox is a very smart game day HC. I do not know what happened in Carolina. Would be an interesting study.

I suspect being GM and HC wore on him...........now he has a GM above him

I didnt mean watch literaly, I meant watch his Won loss and QB rating

I'll bet by years end he will have a QB rating better thaan Eli, and in the top 5.........his team will finish 8-8

what are they now 1-4? meaning he will win 7 and losse 4

I do not see Tebow as an INT machine nor a fumbler..........you say he needs to learn

to read D's perhaps but hes a very very intelligent savvy guy

He could teach Eli and Romo a few things about taking care of the Pill

I can see Denver winning a SB in 2-3 yrs under Fox and Tebow

Fox knows how to build a strong running game, and hes from the Parcells school of big fast athletes..........he will draft those types

Fox is a very smart game day HC. I do not know what happened in Carolina. Would be an interesting study.

I suspect being GM and HC wore on him...........now he has a GM above him

When did I ever say this? Like I said before Jack, do you even bother to read other peoples posts?

By the way Jack this is the first time I think you have ever had a civil argument on the forums with anyone.

Good going, glad we could actually talk to each other without you going off on an insult tangent.

Finally got threw to you :TU: Maybe I can start seeing why you make so many threads.

Well I suppose but I've had a lot of good discussions on here. I understand you object to my starting too many posts but I like to get people thinking........the very nature of being a Giants fan leaves you befuddled.....they never go for the jugular....always with the conservtive BS

you could change all 53 players and coaches and GMs and they would still be the same conservative crotchety ol team that we love and sometimes hate

Its in their DNA...............NO BLOWOUTS ALLOWED..........get ahead by 10 points........go into a shell <_<

I loved Ara Parsegian and George Allen.........they never saw a rout they didnt like.......loved em

Well I suppose but I've had a lot of good discussions on here. I understand you object to my starting too many posts but I like to get people thinking........the very nature of being a Giants fan leaves you befuddled.....they never go for the jugular....always with the conservtive BS

you could change all 53 players and coaches and GMs and they would still be the same conservative crotchety ol team that we love and sometimes hate

Its in their DNA...............NO BLOWOUTS ALLOWED..........get ahead by 10 points........go into a shell <_<

The problem is Jack as dont "get people thinking" as you put it.

9/10 the thread degrades into everyone vs you as you continue to just run for the topic at hand or insult people. This is honestly the first time I think anyone has ever seen you back anything you say up.

Normally you 1) Change the subject to something completely different. 2) Insult people. 3) Dont post in the thread anymore.

Actually if anything all the experts said thanks to last season as well that the WRs were one of the strongest points of the Giants this year.

If anything that said the O-line and RBs were suspect....and they are.

Best in Giants history? One of the best anyways, I still think Plax/Smith/Toomer had more threat to it since you know they got us to the SB.

Tebow wont win games for the Broncos either, face it he's playing for the Broncos and hasnt shown much in all honesty outside of a desire to get better which is lacking in todays NFL.

That's what I would have chose but it was inexplicably not an option.

Plax in his prime as the playmaker, Smith coming on as your possession WR, and Toomer making extraordinarily clutch catches. Plus you had Boss coming on as well as Bradshaw. It's hard to imagine a more dangerous Giants offense than that.