SportsWrath

Is this the Best WR Combo in Giants History?

JackStroud

Is this the Best WR Combo in NY Giants History?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the Best WR Combo in NY Giants History?

• Yes, by far
    • No Phill Simms Group with McConkey etc was better
    • No going wayyyyyy back Charley Conerly's group w/Kyle Rote
    • Nicks, Manningham, Smith
    • Plax, Toomer, and Smith

I would go way back, are we talking combo or Trio. Webster,Rote and Gifford won the 1957 championship, all three them, were Rushers and Receivers. Rote and Shofner were great in 1961, then Gifford,Shofner in 1962. Toomer and Burress were great in 2005 and 2007.

I always talk about that season how the Giants would have four Lombardi trophies if we didn't run into arguably one of the top 10 defenses in football.

I am biased because I was at the Vikings-Giants Championship game and got to watch the Giants dominate them :)

I am biased because I was at the Vikings-Giants Championship game and got to watch the Giants dominate them :)

I remember watching that game on TV and all week leading up to it about how the Giants shouldn't even be in that game and how the Vikes were blah blah blah.

And then 41-0.

I always talk about that season how the Giants would have four Lombardi trophies if we didn't run into arguably one of the top 10 defenses in football.

alot of people think that Baltimore D was overrated, just because they faced very poor offenses all year. That wasn't a great year for offense in the NFL. Vikings with Daunte Culpepper, also the Rams with the Warner being the highest scoring two teams in the NFL that year. The Ravens played not a single top ten offense.

EDIT:they played Oakland in the Conference Champ Game. The Raiders were third overall in scoring that year.

I remember watching that game on TV and all week leading up to it about how the Giants shouldn't even be in that game and how the Vikes were blah blah blah.

And then 41-0.

Ya, we completely shut down that 'high-powered' offense. One of my favorite moments in Giants history.

That's what I would have chose but it was inexplicably not an option.

Plax in his prime as the playmaker, Smith coming on as your possession WR, and Toomer making extraordinarily clutch catches. Plus you had Boss coming on as well as Bradshaw. It's hard to imagine a more dangerous Giants offense than that.

I'll put it up there butr the present 3 are way more athletic and game breaking.........Eli is turning the stogy Giants into "The Greatest Show on Turf" with these 3

That's what I would have chose but it was inexplicably not an option.

Plax in his prime as the playmaker, Smith coming on as your possession WR, and Toomer making extraordinarily clutch catches. Plus you had Boss coming on as well as Bradshaw. It's hard to imagine a more dangerous Giants offense than that.

I added your combo........vote for them :rolleyes:

True, that 2000 season was impressive, up until we faced one of the best defenses ever assembled.....

Yea, that Ravens defense was incredible and their offense decided to play well that game too. But I kinda put them up here to bait Nem on Hilliard

Nicks is probably the most athletically talented WR in the discussion, but other than Rote/Gifford, no one comes close to the receiving threat that Tiki was out of the backfield.

You hate Shockey?

I was thinking of the 2000 Giants, but I loved Shockey, good call