SportsWrath

Bears Offensive Line v Giants Offensive Line.

JMFP

I live out in Chicago, and have no choice but see alot of Bears games. If the Bears offensive line was a product, it would be recalled. Jay Cutler is a very brave man to operate behind such a shit sandwich. People here will remember what the Giants did to Cutler last year.

There have been games where Martz treats the running attack like an afterthought. But Lovie Smith has basically demanded that Martz re-emphasize the run, because Jay Cutler was in danger of being killed.

As a result, Matt Forte is having an excellent year.

So, I think an emphasis on the run will improve the performance of the unit....otherwise, I can't explain why Forte is having a better year than Bradshaw behind what most professional analysts believe is one of the worst lines in the NFL.

Forte...440 yards (5.4 average) / 345 yards receiving

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11278/matt-forte

Bradshaw...286 yards (4.0 average) / 146 yards receiving

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw

Forte is a way better RB then Bradshaw, there isnt even a comparison to be made.

I think if the Giants do focus on the run more in the Bills game it might lead to the O-line performing better but at the same time with Baas and Snee both possibly being out...then it's not going to help one bit.

TO be REALLY FAIR

compare Bradshaws second half numbers to Forte's

The Giants this year are going into a shell the 1st half hoping to wear out their opponents for the inevitable 2nd half ounslaught

a dangerous game of catch up football

This is drawing in 8-9 men in the opponents Box making running consistently .............close to impossible

Jim Brown could not have faired well against nine in the box............Matt Forte would be held for minus yardage

When the Giants spread the field and throw down field the running game opens up in the 2nd half...........this brought to you by the same knot-headed conservative thinkers who will not play Da'Rel Scott and only played Cruz when forced to by injury to Hixon :furious:

Despite all this Tomfollery- Bradshaw IS averaging a respectable 4.0 yds per carry........Id really like to see what this Scott kid can do

Um...guys? You might want to check out Bradshaw's per game averages. Because outside of the Philly game, he has yet to average over 4.0 in a game. In fact, he has yet to get to 4.0 in a game outside of Philly.

Worse, if he doesn't run that 37-yarder in Philly, he averages 3.5 in that game--giving him a 3.5 avg. for the year. Now obviously, he did make that run, but there is plenty of room to be concerned about our running game this season. To be generous, it's been middle-of-the-pack so far.

Bradshaw like most RBs needs a hole...........our O-Line is yet to jell, but I think they will......also ELi needs to stretch the field coming out of the gate, maybe run some no huddle to get the 9 out of the box

Thank God we have had a relatively easy schedule in the 1st half to get all this sorted out

You want to be at your best in the second half of the season, not the 1st

Bradshaw like most RBs needs a hole...........our O-Line is yet to jell, but I think they will......also ELi needs to stretch the field coming out of the gate, maybe run some no huddle to get the 9 out of the box

Thank God we have had a relatively easy schedule in the 1st half to get all this sorted out

You want to be at your best in the second half of the season, not the 1st

I'm not saying Bradshaw sucks, just that our running game is not very good so far. I understand that a LOT of that has to do with the line.

I like Bradshaw a lot, but I don't think you can compare him to Forte. Forte is the best pass catching back in the league. It's almost blasphemy to say, but he is doing a lot of what Marshall Faulk did when Martz was with the Rams. The fact that the Bears are stalling with his contract negotiations is laughable. He IS their offense. Fish is right though most backs in this league need holes to run through. Bradshaw is a good, hardnosed runner but he isn't good enough to overcome the way the line is playing. That's not a slight either this is the worst I've seen the run game since I can remember.

I like Bradshaw a lot, but I don't think you can compare him to Forte. Forte is the best pass catching back in the league. It's almost blasphemy to say, but he is doing a lot of what Marshall Faulk did when Martz was with the Rams. The fact that the Bears are stalling with his contract negotiations is laughable. He IS their offense. Fish is right though most backs in this league need holes to run through. Bradshaw is a good, hardnosed runner but he isn't good enough to overcome the way the line is playing. That's not a slight either this is the worst I've seen the run game since I can remember.

Yeah odd to think the Giants have arguably had one of the best O-lines in the league since 2005, a really good group that was together season after season.

Now it's one of the weaker spots on the team.

My feeling is this OLine is good just not in synch yet

I see them emerging around the Patriots game when Jacobs is back pounding people........it takes a few weeks for asstrained MCL to heal, and he should really put a brace on it..........its not like hes that fast anyway

Bears....tied for 5th in the NFL at 4.7 yards per attempt.

Giants.....31st in the NFL.....3.2 yards per attempt.

Yeah everyone is playing the run on the Giants early on.........take a look at where we stand in the passing game- 9th not bad for a run 1st team.......if we played the game like the Patriots, we would lead the league.

Cruz and Ballard are averaging 20 yds per reception

with half the attempts Cruz has almost as many yds as Nicks total

Bradshaw is averaging a very respectable 4 yds per carry

Its that woman Jacobs who's 3.2 yds average is weighing us down...........thankfully hes watching today

Hopefully Scott finally gets some carries

:facepalm:

I just showed you that Bradshaw's average this season is a single rush away from 3.5 yds/carry for the season in this thread. So how the hell is Jacobs weighing us down?

Neither back is getting the job done. The offensive line isn't getting the job done. Ware played last week and awed us with a 0.8 average. We're 28th overall in rushing. At this point, it's FAR more than a single player dragging the team down.