SportsWrath

Steve Smith

Nas

When he played for us he was excellent.. and he has the record. He doesn't have the same chemistry with Vick.. maybe not yet.. and they have Maclin and Jackson ahead of him anyway.

Probably rightly so...

I said it from the beginning....Philadelphia is where Steve Smith will ruin his career. He needs to get out of there within the next 2 years to have a real shot elsewhere, IMO.

Correct but that's what game-time experience is about. His 2nd TD was a thing of beauty.. he was held before the ball got there.. and he was double-teamed.. still made the catch... and crossed the goal line.. and fucking Eli was throwing the ball with authority... I don't know man.. i highly doubt the Giants don't know about this message board... I have a feeling they're bypassing the troll-filled GMB and come here to see what real fans say.

Nas, please tell me you're not trying to take credit for Eli's play.

He clearly wanted to leave so fuck him. When he got the offer from the Eagles he didn't try to get a counter offer from the Giants. I doubt the Giants would have matched it anyway but clearly there was some bitterness.

Absolutely....FUCK him.

I think Sethi put it best....

Wait a minute I am the only true son of Ra here.....only I can do that not that northern barbarian usurper Sethi....I Pharaoh Ankhenaton...Amenhotep IV...life giver to his people pronounce final and divine justice upon the miscreant Smith...may his member wither....may his skin erupt with boils....let his very name be anathema to all things Giants....may it be as if he were never born.....in the words of the living avatar of Ra....FUCK HIM!!!

:)

If utilized correctly smith is a good not great receiver . He fits with the giants and the system we run. He doesn't fit with the eagles system. I too blame his agent as well he overestimated smith's value. I kinda think it's going end up like Deion branch when he went to Seattle. He was a forgotten man out in west. But he went back to NE and he was relivant again. I wish smith well but he doesn't look good in philly uniform. And what's with the crap of naming him honorary captian.

Wait a minute I am the only true son of Ra here.....only I can do that not that northern barbarian usurper Sethi....I Pharaoh Ankhenaton...Amenhotep IV...life giver to his people pronounce final and divine justice upon the miscreant Smith...may his member wither....may his skin erupt with boils....let his very name be anathema to all things Giants....may it be as if he were never born.....in the words of the living avatar of Ra....FUCK HIM!!!

:)

It's Official!

I appreciate what he did for the Giants, and I hope he does it the next game we play against them as well.

I love you Fish.. very funny. Part of me.. having seen him in Blue still wishes he comes back home. That's all I'm saying :)

It has a lot to do with the QB - Receiver relationship. If the QB trusts the guy and bails him out a time or two...a bond develops and the two think alike in situations that are rushed. Eli had become very comfortable with throwing to Smith whenever he was in trouble. Vick doesn't think like Eli and moves around in the pocket a whole lot and would rather take off on his own than dump it to Smith.

Smith is very good.....but the amount of chances he gets will be determined by the QB and Offensive Coordinator.