SportsWrath

Kicker Pandemic Sweeps NCAA

JMFP

Apparently, there was a plague that wiped out every kicker from the NCAA last season.

We should really be thankful that we even have a kicker, because they must be very rare.

Although I heard there was one kicker that was looking for Vet Minimum + a free tank of gas, and Reese balked

Tynes not 100 percent

K Lawrence Tynes said he’s still feeling some affects from the bruised thigh that kept him out the final three preseason games, and that his conditioning was such an issue he felt “gassed” after pre-game warmups.

“I’ve got some work to do,” he admitted. “My endurance is awful. After pregame I was gassed. It just seems like it’s going to take another couple of weeks to be back in kicking shape.”

None of that, though, had anything to do with his blocked 38-yard field goal – even though Coughlin indicated the block was the result of a low kick.

“It’s hard to tell in the heat of the moment,” Tynes said. “But I felt like I hit it pretty good.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2011/09/canty-loss-on-911-embarrassing-unacceptable

Wow......just......wow.

I don't know what that is, but bad job, Tynes...........................

First of all it's Haggis (a Scot would know how to spell it), and it is a Scottish sausage. It's awful. Disgusting.

From Wiki:

Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach.

"Kicking shape"? He's "gassed" after 6 steps?

Get Rhys Lloyd on the phone already.

Honestly, I blame Coughlin 100% for the fucked up special teams, particularly Tynes.

Tynes is mediocre when 100%.....given the rash of injuries that have hit this team, you'd think we could manage to start a healthy fucking kicker.

Seriously......what did the coaching staff and front office do over the offseason?

Same shitty offensive gameplan, same shitty special teams, and Fewell apparently learned nothing from the Green Bay game....he made Grossman look like Aaron Rodgers with that soft ass coverage.

Tynes last 10 FG attempts:

@ Wash 9/11/11 - 38 yard FG blocked.

@ CAR 8/13/11 - 44 yard FG blocked.

@ CAR 8/13/11 - 38 yard FG Good

@ CAR 8/13/11 - 37 yard FG Wide Left

@ CAR 8/13/11 - 56 yard FG No Good, Short

@ Wash 1/2/11 - 39 yard FG Wide Right

@ Wash 1/2/11 - 20 yard FG Good

@ GB 12/26/10 - 38 yard FG Good

vs PHI 12/19/10 - 25 yard FG Good

vs Wash 12/5/10 - 28 yard FG Good

Yes, he's 5/10. And 3 out of those 5 makes were chip shots under 30 yards. I don't think he'd win the job as a kicker in any football program in the SEC. If you go back to his last 10 attempts previous to this, he's 10 for 10, but only one was 30 yards or more, a 43 yarder at home against Dallas and a 53 yarder @Dallas. He is making his living almost entirely on chip shots. Wouldn't it be nice to have a kicker who you could actually have faith that he'll get you 3 points from 45 yards almost every time?

Tynes last 10 FG attempts:

@ Wash 9/11/11 - 38 yard FG blocked.

@ CAR 8/13/11 - 44 yard FG blocked.

@ CAR 8/13/11 - 38 yard FG Good

@ CAR 8/13/11 - 37 yard FG Wide Left

@ CAR 8/13/11 - 56 yard FG No Good, Short

@ Wash 1/2/11 - 39 yard FG Wide Right

@ Wash 1/2/11 - 20 yard FG Good

@ GB 12/26/10 - 38 yard FG Good

vs PHI 12/19/10 - 25 yard FG Good

vs Wash 12/5/10 - 28 yard FG Good

Yes, he's 5/10. And 3 out of those 5 makes were chip shots under 30 yards. I don't think he'd win the job as a kicker in any football program in the SEC. If you go back to his last 10 attempts previous to this, he's 10 for 10, but only one was 30 yards or more, a 43 yarder at home against Dallas and a 53 yarder @Dallas. He is making his living almost entirely on chip shots. Wouldn't it be nice to have a kicker who you could actually have faith that he'll get you 3 points from 45 yards almost every time?

It's the way he's missing that's startling, he completely swings his foot at the ball instead of through it. Seriously, if you block his kicks it shouldn't be counted in the stats because they are so fucking low to begin with.